We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Condo Locations

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation Condo Locations

We are trying to decide on a condo rental for a month this summer. We would be so grateful if someone familiar with Tucson could tell us if Canyon View at Ventana, Veranda at Ventana and the Greens at Ventana are all in relatively the same area near Loews Resort? Should we prefer one complex over the others? Our other consideration was Starr Pass but I think the location will be a little too remote for our month long stay. Is that correct? Thanks in advance for any info.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
14,643 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Condo Locations

Yes, all of those are in relatively the same area. I cannot tell you however what's better or best. In actuality the Ventana area is as far from attractions and central Tucson as JWM Starr Pass, however there are shopping and dining nearby whereas JWM Starr Pass is near very little.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Condo Locations

Thank you for the reply.

For the past several years, the kids and I spend a month in the summer exploring a new state and my husband joins us when he can. He said he has the jitters over us staying in Arizona this summer because of all the news reports. He usually never worries about things he hears in the media but now he has me a bit worried also. We live near New Orleans. Many travelers fear travel in New Orleans now based on crime reports in the news. We are cautious and feel perfectly safe there. I'm assuming the same is true for Tucson and surrounds. If we exercise caution we should be just as safe as we would be in any other city right? Anyway, hopefully a gated condo community will appease my husbands worries a bit. Any suggestions appreciated.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,571 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Condo Locations

I don't know why people have this idea that, somehow, Arizona is Mexico. Maybe it's the sensationalist news reports on the border situation. Maybe it's the narco trafficking wars in the city that just happens to have the same name as a totally separate city in our state (Nogales). Maybe it's Congress and how its led the public to believe the money is being spent here. I really don't understand the whole thing, but I'm also somewhat detached to how others view our state.

I will say this: I'm originally from New Orleans and also spent several years living in Houston. I feel much safer here in Tucson than I ever did in those other cities. The violent crime does not come close to many other cities, especially when you take away the drug-related stuff, which is responsible for many of the murders and robberies, and almost all of the home invasions, here and in Phoenix.

There are areas of town where it's not particularly wise to be out on the streets walking, but there's no reason for a tourist to be walking in those areas in the first place.

But, seriously, what does any of this have to do with the condos around Ventana? That's what I'm really curious about.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Condo Locations

We've never been to Tucson before. Just trying to determine the best location for a vacation rental. And thanks for putting our minds at ease about the recent media hyperbole re southern Arizona.

vancouver
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Condo Locations

Hello there,

I just thought I would mention that we have a second home in Tucson that is a vacation rental property (we live in Vancouver/Canada primarily). You can check it out at www.vrbo.com, listing #187388. It is in one of the best/most secure neighbourhoods in Tucson called "Sabino Springs" and is a gated/golf community with our home backing on to the Arizona National Golf Course. I am a 41 year old female and I travel down there by myself quite often and feel very safe (one of the reasons we bought there). It is also quite economical compared to what you would pay for a hotel, has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is quite lovely (ok, so I am a little biased!). If you are planning to go in the summer, we do have some availability then. Just a thought...if you are interested you can e-mail through the vacation rental by owner website address above. Otherwise, I would stick with something in the Foothills area. Hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy Tucson!

6. Re: Vacation Condo Locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:25
Get answers to your questions about Tucson