We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping w/electricity

4 posts
Camping w/electricity

So I've visited EP many times but I've always stayed in a cabin somewhere. This fall (last week of Sept) I am going to be there and want to camp instead.

My only problem is I need electricity hookup for my cpap. I also want somewhere with as much privacy as possible, where the tents are not sitting on top of each other.

I can shower anywhere so not concerned about that.

Does anything like that exist in the area?

1. Re: Camping w/electricity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 April 2017, 00:20
Edited: 26 April 2017, 00:20
rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Level Contributor
646 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Camping w/electricity

As far as I am aware, there are no tent sites that include electricity. I looked at the website for Elk Meadows thinking they would be most likely, but only the RV sites offer electric hookup. You can pull up the short listing of campgrounds at the VisitEstesPark website.

Colorado
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
199 reviews
105 helpful votes
3. Re: Camping w/electricity

Electricity and privacy are two things you're unlikely to find together. Have you considered replacement batteries for your CPAP and a car charger?

4 posts
4. Re: Camping w/electricity

I figured it would be a long shot but thought I'd at least ask.

I have a rechargeable battery for the cpap but then I'll have to deal with finding electricity to charge it for a few hours every day during my trip. A few hours every day sitting waiting for it to charge isn't the way I wanted to spend my week. I don't expect total privacy but was hoping to just not have another tent 5 feet away from me but that is what I'm reading in reviews of some of the campgrounds.

Estes Park Campground at East Portal looks alright and they have water / electricity on some of their spots but I'm not sure if they will let you tent on those or if they are reserved for RV only. I may have to just look for a cabin again, thanks.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
178 reviews
156 helpful votes
5. Re: Camping w/electricity

Usually RV only sites are "RV only" because tenters don't want to be sandwiched between big rigs running generators, but I've seen a few places where the sites are large enough or separated enough that it could work. I'd check with the campgrounds to see if they have anything. Some places also have small "camper cabins" that could be a good option. Fall weather is usually nice, but it will be pretty chilly at night in late September, with a possibility of snow or stormy weather. If you do opt for camping, be prepared for cold weather.

Central Nebraska
Level Contributor
404 posts
31 reviews
28 helpful votes
6. Re: Camping w/electricity

Estes Park KOA has tent sites with electricity.

https:/…

Looks like you'd be very close to other tents but you would have electric/water.

Edited: 29 April 2017, 01:40
Central Nebraska
Level Contributor
404 posts
31 reviews
28 helpful votes
7. Re: Camping w/electricity

Jellystone also has electric sites that allow tents.

http://www.jellystoneofestes.com/campgrounds/

Might have a little more room between campsite here.

8. Re: Camping w/electricity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park