We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estes park lodging

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Estes park lodging

We have looked into the many hotels and read the many reviews on lodging in Estes Park and still are undecided and could use some help. It would be for my my husband and myself (late 40's), no children. We would like a hotel with a view and prefer a porch or balcony instead of just a window, and would also like a restaurant on the premises. We were looking at Estes Park Resort and were wondering if anyone could offer suggestions about that or any other places.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estes park lodging

If you want a restaurant on site, you will have very limited options. You did not say when you plan to visit and some restaurants on the premises of lodging establishments are seasonal and some don't serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are visiting when the free Estes Park Shuttles are running, having a restaurant on site is not as important in my opinion. There are also lodging businesses that are walking distance to the downtown shops and restaurants.

In addition to Estes Park Resort, some of the Aspire residences at the Stanley have verandas. The Overlook Condos managed by the Stanley also have decks and patios. The Stanley has onsite dining options. Marys Lake Lodge and Condos has an onsite restaurant. The condos are generally preferred over the historic lodge. The condos have nice decks. Twin Owls restaurant is located on the premises of the Black Canyon Inn condos. They have decks and patios. Alpine Trail Ridge Inn has rooms with small decks. The restaurant on site there (Sundeck) was for sale. I don't know what the plans are for the restaurant. The Other Side restaurant is just across the street. In summer, the Appenzell Inn has a restaurant/pub.

Those are the ones I can think of. If having an onsite restaurant is a prerequisite, you are just as well off at Estes Park Resort. Not all of their rooms have decks and views so make sure you are getting one that does. That would be true at any of the locations listed. Not all units have views. Since having a restaurant is important to you, you might want to look at reviews for Waterfront Grille at Estes Park Resort.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

One more tip, when you look at reviews for lodging or restaurants in Estes Park, look at reviews for the season in which you will be visiting. Estes Park from mid-June through the third week of August and even to the end of September is a completely different experience than it is the rest of the year.

Edited: 23 April 2017, 15:58
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
91 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estes park lodging

We stayed at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60… back in Sept. 2015. It was nice and clean then with small balconies. We booked one of the balconies and had a nice view of the mountains and we saw elk and a bear from there. I think it is under new ownership/management now and they have renovated the rooms since we were there. There was a restaurant next door but not on site and there were several restaurants just a short drive from there. We stayed at the Stanley for a couple of nights on that trip as well (I am a Stephen King fan) It was a bucket list thing for me. It was nice but a little noisy and if you are in the main building there is no A/C so that may be a factor depending upon the timing of your visit. We had to sleep with the windows open and it was a little noisy as we faced the lake and a parking lot.

3. Re: Estes park lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2018, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park