We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time?

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How much time?

My husband and I are staying 4 nights in Santa Fe over Columbus Day weekend and I have reservations with Rainbow Ryder's for the Sunday AM mass ascension. What time do you think we need to leave Santa Fe for a 5:30 check-in? Should we wait for a shuttle or drive directly to the park? Howuch time should we allow for buying tickets, getting into the park and over to where Rainbow Ryder's is set up? All answers are greatly appreciated!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,456 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time?

Leave Santa Fe by 4am, it is an hours drive. I would go right to the park and use the parking lots there. Maybe you can purchase the tickets online and have them with you??

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time?

Since you are flying out of the Balloon Fiesta on the busy first weekend, I too would recommend a very early departure. The "normal" drive SF to ABQ is about an hour, but Southbound I-25 will be very busy that morning. Arriving at the fiesta will however be very easy for you. Just take I-25 south to ABQ's northenmost exit, Tramway Blvd. The exit and intersection is the most used access into the fiesta. Cross Tramway Blvd. and continue south a couple of hundred yards to the entrance road. There will be many cops, and portable lighting on hand, so basically it is just follow the car in front of you, and obey officers' directions. Be sure you know exactly where your balloon ride is located before you arrive at the balloon park. The balloon field (equal to 18 football fields!) is criss-crossed with paved streets using letters (A, B, C etc.) as names, and each site is numbered. Your balloon crew would therefore be at something like D-13 on the field. Four AM should allow you enough time to arrive well before launching, just after 7am. Pray for nice weather, especially calm winds! Have a great adventure, and may your experience provide you with yet one more of New Mexico's many "Enchantments!"

3. Re: How much time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 19:17