We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver A/P to Badlands, is this a good idea?

easton ma
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Denver A/P to Badlands, is this a good idea?

Hi, We are two mid 60 's, arriving at Denver A/P at 10:15 Am, after a early flight from Boston.

We are picking up a rental at Denver A/P, stop for lunch, and head for Lusk WY for the evening.

Next early AM, will head to Badland's and Wall, then Keystone for our Hotel for the next 3 nights

Is this a good plan, and does it make the best use of our time?

Plan Custer Crazy Horse, Jewel and on way back Mt. Rushmore. evening in Keystone,

Next day more of Rushmore and other sights and the evening ceremony at Mt. Rushmore.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,900 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver A/P to Badlands, is this a good idea?

We are planning a trip like this one in July. We will land in Denver at around 9:30, and we are planning to drive straight through to Keystone rather than stopping in Lusk. It will be our 1st time doing the drive, but the feedback I get on here is that it will take around 6 hours. From what I hear, there's not too much in Lusk.

I would not plan on doing that much for the 1st night. You will gain a day this way, and you can just do a daytrip from Keystone.

I assume you mean Custer State Park when you say Custer? I would split up the drives in the park. It makes the most sense to group the Wildlife Loop with Iron Mt. Rd (drive from south to north) and Sylvan Lake with the Needles Hwy.

Let us know if you have further questions.

2. Re: Denver A/P to Badlands, is this a good idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 16:19