We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes over the years

blackburn
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Changes over the years

Hi, I have been to icmeler about 3/4 times about 10 years ago, and I loved it back then. Im considering going back in September, but wondered if it would still be the same or if I would be disappointed. For anybody who has been visiting for many years, can you tell me what changes I should expect? Is there still entertainment (break dancers etc) in bars and restaurants? Also what nationalities make up the tourists found in Icmeler? Is it predominantly British, or Russian? We are thinking of going end of September which is low season, and im wondering if it will also be extra quiet due to people concerns with travelling to Turkey - are the falling tourist numbers noticeable? TIA x

2 replies to this topic
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes over the years

Yes still the same kind of entertainment in the bars etc. I'd say there's a predominantly British market to the tourism, but some of the a/i hotels do attract more Russian guests. Numbers are said to be up this year - it was very quiet last year but hopefully picking up this year.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes over the years

Plenty of changes in past 10 years. There is the new square which is great to sit and people watch.

sadly the entertainment is still same as 10 years ago. The mayor has banned the dancing waiters but they still have them in numerous bars. Entertainment must stop at midnight and muisc turned down unless there is a fully enclosed bar area to keep sound down. Numerous places have this eg Wonderboys who have music etc till around 3 am

Last few years it has been really quiet and I noticed very few German/Dutch tourists. Russian numbers were also down last year due to tensions between Turkey/Russia but this has now been resolved. A big increase in number of tourists from middle east countries Iran/Iraq??

Bookings are up considerably this year and September is usually fairly busy

Reply to: Changes over the years
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations