We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

Hi been to Marmaris 3 times fancy a change!Do they have boat trips in Hisaronu like Marmaris?Also is there enough to do and see in Hisaronu?Thanks

14 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
137 reviews
1. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

Hisaronu is up the hill between Oludeniz & Fethiye, Oludeniz being 5-10 mins away in a dolmus and Fethiye 10-15 mins away. Both have great boat trips.

As for things to see and do, there is a wealth of things to see and do; have a look on the Oludeniz & Fethiye forums; it's a lovely area.

Edited: 04 February 2018, 07:16
Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

You can get a boat trip if you are staying in Hisaronu - but it is up in the mountains so you have to travel down to either Olu Deniz (where the boats leave from the beach) or Fethiye (where the boats leave from the harbour!)

So Hisaronu is not on the sea like Marmaris, but there is plenty to see and do in the area!

Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

Been going to marmaris for 16 yrs and also wanted a change so we went to hisaronu and what a lovely place. Its very different from marmaris and alot smaller but still lots to do.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

Hi Chez,

We've been going to Hisaronu for the last 20 years and I'm still finding new things to do, so more than enough to keep you all busy.

As for boat trips, they go from Oludeniz (beach) or Fethiye (harbour), but they all collect you at your hotel and drop back off after the trip is done.

The main difference with boats trips in this area is you won't find any of them being all inclusive as you do in Marmaris.

Have a look at the below links for things to do, prices etc. Both tour operators are based in Hisaronu and are reputable.

http://www.tinyakropol.com/

https://www.seasidetours.net/

Hope this helps.

Cheers Adam

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
922 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

we have been to marmaris but prefer Hisaronu area as lots to do,loads of great places to eat, bars to suit all tastes and we find people seem more friendly. For great trips with briliant service see the link below, yes you can get cheaper but we have never had a bad experience and have complete peace of mind once we have booked our trips.

http://www.tinyakropol.com/

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

As everyone has said you can either get a trip that departs from Oludeniz or Fethiye. Fethiye is our preference, much easier to get onto the boat from the harbor. There's loads to do in Hisaronu and the surrounding resorts. The Hotel Room Escape in Ovacik is excellent fun, there's a few smaller water parks, The Olive Garden in Kabak is always worth a visit, visit the lagoon or explore the streets of Fethiye.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
114 reviews
7. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

I have stayed in both places & much prefer this area of Turkey

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
8. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

I Have stayed in both and now wouldn't return to marmaris it feel more up class to me the food is nicer and so are the people

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

Hisaronu definitely!! Hi chez. Hrew up spending 6weeks out of the year in Marmaris and icmeler for 19 years ... Came to hisaronu 7 yrs ago as part of a late deal and have never returned to Marmaris since... I'm about to book my 11th visit to hisaronu and massively regret all the time spend on the Marmaris side. Similar trios to Marmaris just better scenery and people. They respext you and don't hassle you it's a tiny place and just perfect in comparison to marmaris.

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?

Thank you all for you're replies we have booked Hisaronu,we are looking forward to it so much, roll on June'!

Reply to: Undecided Marmaris or Hisaronu?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted