We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing

Altoona, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Golfing

I wondered if anyone familiar with Springfield public golf courses could help us decide on where to golf. We are decent but not great golfers, used to walking a nine hole course and keeping up with other golfers as far as speed of play. We don’t want to be paired with others, if possible, because we can be easily intimidated by better golfers! Any advice for our several day stop in that area in May is greatly appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
179 reviews
1. Re: Golfing

No golfers in my family & I hoped someone else would respond but since that didn't happen:

Springfield has wonderful courses of varying levels. I suggest you contact their CVB directly and ask which would be the most appropriate for you. I've always found them to be a great resource and I know Springfield has some 9-home courses. Plus this will bump your question back up to the top. Good luck!

Edited: 26 April 2018, 07:13
Springfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
77 reviews
2. Re: Golfing

Springfield is home to plenty of good and affordable golf courses. There four public golf courses operated by the Springfield Park District. There are several other public courses in the area that are challenging and affordable. I would call ahead to check availability.

Reply to: Golfing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Springfield
More Springfield Topics