We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abe Lincoln stuff

Blairstown, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
339 reviews
Abe Lincoln stuff

We are history buffs from New Jersey and want to visit Lincoln sites in Springfield, Il. What is the best way to get there (fly, bus, Amtrak)? Where is a good place to stay? Is there a tourist pass for the sites? Any sites I should avoid ? Is one week enough time to see it all? Should I rent a car or depend on taxi? Where can I go to get the best info? Thanks to you all for any and all info.

4 replies to this topic
Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
1. Re: Abe Lincoln stuff

As uncertain where, on your many threads, to post this, I'll start here.

How much research did you do on this before posting these many times? If little to none, first look above, right under the banner, where it says "About Springfield". Click on that hyperlink and you will have much information to review.

You don't indicate if Springfield is your sole destination or if it is only one of many. You need to include details such as that in order to get viable suggestions.

Lastly, I would recommend that you request the additional threads which you yourself have posted be removed by the TA administrators, for simplicity's sake.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
178 reviews
2. Re: Abe Lincoln stuff

I gave a lengthy response to your other post on the Springfield forum(the one that was tacked onto a thread started by someone else)

Blairstown, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
339 reviews
3. Re: Abe Lincoln stuff

thank you so much. I never knew that link was there. You saved me a great deal of time. Thanks again.

Are you familiar with Springfield?

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
179 reviews
4. Re: Abe Lincoln stuff

JTL, I'm very familiar with Springfield, will be glad to help if you have additional questions.

Reply to: Abe Lincoln stuff
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Springfield
More Springfield Topics