We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

I will be in Omaha June 11-13 with my wife and 15 month old. We would like to go to game 1 of the college world series but I really cannot determine the best way to get tickets. It appears that StubHub will sell you a ticket for around $70 or so. Are there going to be any more limited ticket sales in March or April. I don't think that I want to go the general admission route because we would probably have to get there really early in the morning for a 1PM game...

Also, will the zoo just be too crazy to go to the day before (Friday the 12th)? We will be staying at the Doubletree downtown. Is it easier to park at the stadium/zoo for the game or take a bus from downtown.

Thanks in advance--

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
156 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

The opening ceremony is kind of neat, and something to do if don't have anything else to do on a Friday night. They usually bring in a decent musical act that with play for a little bit in the parking lot south of the stadium (I saw Dierks Bentley there a few years back)

Then everybody heads into the stadium and the teams each walk in Olympic style. Then I belive they honor like an academic standout, some other honors, talk to coaches, players, and then do fireworks around 10:00 or so. Fireworks last 15 minutes or so and are pretty good.

It's all free and usually well attended. I want to say 20,000 people or so. So if you think you'll be spending a few nights in Omaha, you can probably only go to the Old Market for dinner so many nights, this may help cross a night off.

Mentioned in this post
Old Market
Old Market
2,195 Reviews
Omaha, NE
Omaha
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

Gtbeak,

Usually you can get tickets right before the game pretty cheap from tired out fans near the stadium. If you need a place to park I have a lot 1 block from the stadium. Parking is hard to find!I don't block people in, so you will not have to wait to leave. If you are interested in a parking spot or tailgating, please give me a call (402)-203-5874.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

I'd also like to add the opening ceremonies night also has a chance for you to meet and get autographs of all the players and the teams. They also have kid-friendly games and I think they even get those inflatable jungle gym things for kids to play on as well as other baseball centered games. I know a lot of people look forward to it.

springfield, mo
Level Contributor
285 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

need some ticket advice:

if texas loses friday night, i am thinking about coming up to watch their game on saturday. this will be one of the "if necessary" games. anyone know when tickets go on sale for this game? i am wondering if you will only be able to buy at the box office or if they will sell them over the phone at all. do season ticket holders all ready have tickets for this game in case it happens? normally i would buy from an online ticket broker, but since this is an "if necessary" game, they have none listed yet. and i assume they won't since it will only be hours notice if the game happens.

if i do travel to the game, it will be a 5 hour drive one way, so i want to be assured to get tickets. any suggestions?

springfield, mo
Level Contributor
285 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

actually, i did just find some tickets on www.stubhub.com

overpriced as usual, but at least i will have peace of mind that i will be getting into the game after driving 5 hours!

16. Re: Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 16:32