We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental van or large car seats fold in to sleep in

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yelm,wa
Level Contributor
233 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
rental van or large car seats fold in to sleep in

I am looking to rent a vehicle to sleep in on a week long road trip in Alaska at the end of May.. We have done this before in a Jeep Commander in New Mexico.Everything seems quite pricey. Any help to cut the cost would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Peg

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental van or large car seats fold in to sleep in

Rentals are very spendy here. Renting from a place not at the airport will save some taxes/fees.

I sleep in my mini-van. Safe to do here with many places you can pull over for as long as you like.

Get a copy of the Milepost book. It has detailed road info.

Alabama
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rental van or large car seats fold in to sleep in

How much space do you need? The Honda Element has seats that fold down into a bed. I don't know about their availability for rental, though.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
120 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental van or large car seats fold in to sleep in

Try rentawreck.com/LANSAIMG/…ANCHORAGE.htm

They are considerably less than the other national chains.

4. Re: rental van or large car seats fold in to sleep in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 13:17