We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Cruise Bus Transfer

Ft Lauderdale, FL
1 post
Save Topic
Princess Cruise Bus Transfer

Just doing this for the first time, so bear with me. We will be flying into Anchorage - probably around 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. Friday night in mid May. We will be boarding the Diamond Princess in Whittier on a Saturday. Can you recommend a reasonably priced decent hotel for the less than 1 day that we will be staying that would also pick us up from the airport & deliver us to the hotel? Or should we plan on a taxi due to the late hour and if so, are they readily available? And, can anyone tell me how we will catch the Princess bus to Whittier for that transfer. Is that in an area that we would need to take a cab to or is there a shuttle for that also?

Thanks for the help. Can't wait to visit!

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
121 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Cruise Bus Transfer

The cruise line transfers are usually at the Eagan Center downtown on 5th Avenue. There will not be a reasonably priced hotel after the first of May.

Try the Voyager Hotel, it is locally owned and a short walk from the Eagan Center.

New York
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Cruise Bus Transfer

Princess buses also pick up at the airport for the Whittier transfer, you do not have to board at the Egan Center. There are many airport hotels that have airport shuttles. Depends on what you are lookng for?? I've stayed at the Super 8 which is basic and can have good rates.

As only a suggestion, if you get to Whittier, before 1pm, I highly suggest you consider a Prince William Sound boat tour, and not be in a rush to board your ship. These tours are fantastic and grossly superior to anything seen from your cruise ship. Especially since you aren't seeing anything of interior Alaska, this is a great chance.

You may also want to consider an independent trasfer, that will offer you some touring?? listings www.anchorage.net Again, take advantage of being there.

3. Re: Princess Cruise Bus Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Anchorage