We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Seattle.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Seattle.

I am spending 4 days in the ONP visiting my daughter who lives in Forks. On Monday I will be arriving in the morning in Seattle and staying at The Edgewater Hotel. I have a car but probably wont be driving it.

What would you recommend for a single lady to do with two days in town. I depart back to Texas early on Wednesday.

I am thinking about going on a duck tour, of course Pikes Peak Market, possibly Bainbridge Island. I love good food and exploring. Price is not a big issue. I want to see as much as possible in a short time. I really need restaurant advice also! Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,250 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

How about one of the Savor Seattle walking tours?

For a nice dinner solo I enjoy Dahlia Lounge (they have great little 2-person booths) or the bar side of Etta's Seafood. If you want a view Cutter's is nice. No view but great Italian food I like Assagio's on 4th Avenue. Dahlia Bakery (next to Dahlia Lounge) at lunch for the excellent tomato soup.

Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Center/Space Needle, Olympic Sculpture Park. In Pioneer Square (historic district) I like Waterfall Garden Park and the Smith Tower.

suze

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

Pike PLACE Market, It is an address, not a statement of ownership. No one owns the Market, Michelle. Just picking nits. Suze is, as always, right on the button.

Pike's Peak is in Colorado.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

Thanks Suze! I was looking at Tom Douglas restaurants earlier and called Dahlia's for a reservation! I'm glad you recommend it.

Edited: 26 September 2012, 12:32
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,369 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

Bainbridge Island is a pleasant suburb, nothing more. People hear the word, "island" and get the wrong impression. Your time would be better spent in Seattle proper. Look at the left and right margins of this page for ideas and information.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

Thanks. What do you recommend?

seattle
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

Seattle Art Mueum is not open Mondays or Tuesdays. It will open Tuesdays mid-October. I think Bainbridge Island is a great place to visit. It's a pleasant walk from the ferry and there are many good restaurants making it a good place to have lunch. Greg Atkinson's newish restaurant, Marche, is delightful There are also some fine clothes stores where I personally nearly always find something that temps me. They seem to cater more to 'women of a certain age' than many shops in Seattle.

San Francisco...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

Seattle Art Museum – both the indoor one and the outdoor exhibits which makes for a great walk.

For food: Serious Pie, Wild Ginger, Matt's In The Market.

For something truly Seattle get to Ballard for their Sunday Market.

Seattle is fun, enjoy yourself.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
46 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

The duck ride is fun. You should save it for a possible rainy day.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

Do you think I should spend a day at San Juan Island?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,993 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 days in Seattle.

I'd realy suggest any tour other than the duck. Toursnorthwest.com offers a much more comprehensive seattle tour and will take you a few places and stop where the duck tour just keeps on driving by.

clippervacations.com

offers a one day San Juan whale watcfhing trip. They stop next tot he Edgewater Hotel.