We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La to seattle in February

6 posts
1 review
La to seattle in February

My daughter and I would like to drive an RV from la to seattle in late February 2019. Would you reccomend doing it that time of year and which company is the best to rent from

Best Seller
Seattle CityPASS
373 Reviews
from USD 89.00*
Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle
280 Reviews
from USD 134.99*
Seattle in One Day: Sightseeing Tour...
656 Reviews
from USD 148.00*
19 replies to this topic
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,717 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: La to seattle in February

Do you have experience driving an RV? How much time do you have? Why do you want to do this (hint: you will not save money). What do you hope to see and do on this trip?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,677 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: La to seattle in February

>>Would you reccomend doing it that time of year and which company is the best to rent from<<

No, I would not recommend this.

There is not one 'best' anything.

I am also curious about your goals. How many nights do you have? What experience do you have with camping & RVing and what time of year?

Here is a link to the multi-state Road Trips forum. The Top Questions on the right side of that page might help with your planning.

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Trips.html

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
5,104 posts
3. Re: La to seattle in February

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28926-c187230/Califo…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
1,074 reviews
4. Re: La to seattle in February

It'd be cheaper to fly I absolutely guarantee it.You will save immensely especially if you carefully watch for sales and flash sales and consider secondary airports and subscribe to email lists from the airlines

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,254 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: La to seattle in February

Winter + RV + very long drive = would not be my choice.

What are you hoping to do along the way? If it's just to get to Seattle, I agree a flight would be a lot easier. If it is for sight-seeing, you would probably want to do the trip a different time of year in better weather.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,933 posts
200 reviews
6. Re: La to seattle in February

Don't know where you're coming from, what the purpose of the trip is, why you want an RV, why it has to be in February, whether you have winter driving experience (in mountainous terrain), etc.

Chains could be required over the passes (but aren't usually allowed on rental vehicles) and I can't think of many things more miserable than wrestling with chains in cold, wet weather.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,216 posts
112 reviews
7. Re: La to seattle in February

Calif weather will be ok but Oregon coast will be cold and rainy as well as Seattle. Winter is not the best to exlore the northwest.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,933 posts
200 reviews
8. Re: La to seattle in February

California weather might be OK...sputh of Redding on I-5. But north of Redding you could encounter icy, windy conditions in the Shasta Lakes area. And wintry conditions all the way into Oregon. And the days will get dark and colder early.

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,254 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: La to seattle in February

As you're seeing with the above responses, this really just isn't a good idea, for many reasons.

If you're willing to share more the purpose or idea behind this, we might be able to help with alternate suggestions.

~suze

6 posts
1 review
10. Re: La to seattle in February

Meeting my daughter on her travels . 3 weeks flying out of Vancouver 9 march

Reply to: La to seattle in February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted