We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Feb 3-10,2018 in Kona

London, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Feb 3-10,2018 in Kona

We will arrive Feb 3 and are looking for a place to stay for 7 nights, checking out on the 10th. We prefer something with mini kitchen. It is only my husband and I celebrating 33 years of marriage. Suggestions or anyone with availability for these dates with condo, timeshare, etc?

4 replies to this topic
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,530 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Feb 3-10,2018 in Kona

Most visitors stay NW on the Kolaha Coast, not in Kona Town. Many stay both NW and SE to have at least an overnight at Volcanoes National Park. Easiest to fly into one side of Big Island and out from the other: KOA and ITO. Do not plan on driving after dark except on the straightaway from KOA to Kohala area.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,577 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Feb 3-10,2018 in Kona

Look at VRBO for Kohala Coast condo rentals, and also take a look at property management companies such as Resortica Hawaii & South Kohala Mangement. Plan also to spend a night on the east side to explore Volcanoes National Park. Let us know your nightly accommodation budget so we can better help.

~ Colleen

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Feb 3-10,2018 in Kona

VRBO Paradise in Hawaii Vacation Rentals South Kohala Management

I have never stayed in town......only spent a few hours there when I had to. Have always stayed in South Kohala, because its just "more me". I prefer quiet, laid back Hawaiian vibe to touristy and busy. I like beaches vs a coast line that goes along a busy street. I prefer not to see big cruise ships in port, and all the people bustling about. I want to instead sip a MaiTai from the Napua Restaurant at my favourite snorkelling spot.

But.....my teenagers would have far preferred to stay in town. So....to each their own!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
44,483 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Feb 3-10,2018 in Kona

What’s your nightly budget for your condo? That would help to know. :)

Reply to: Looking for Feb 3-10,2018 in Kona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona