We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

I live in Houston and have friends visiting from Australia for a short time. We've excitedly booked a trip to NOLA weekend of Oct 18-20. Flights are already purchased, but every hotel in or near the French Quarter is booked!

Any advice on accommodation will be so very much appreciated!! I'm at a loss, what's happening that weekend? I checked for festivals and the Saints schedule, but came up empty. Conferences?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,354 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Popular time of the year and yes, there are conventions in town that week-end. You can probably still find some rooms, but they are going to be the higher priced rooms.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Check guesthouses like The Biscuit Palace, and also guesthouses/B&B's in the Marigny neighborhood

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Thanks for the suggestions--I've checked into all and still no luck. I'm wondering if my only option is to continue calling around hoping for some cancellations (and praying for a miracle)!

Edited: 19 September 2013, 23:56
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Mari, there are those who book several rooms and end up cancelling one or two and keeping the one they want, so keep calling!

Edited: 20 September 2013, 00:11
College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Crescent City Blues & BBQ Festival/Oct. 18-20

Produce Marketing Association/Oct. 17-20

Both significant but not huge, but when coupled with what is arguably the typically best weather of the year, it's a very popular time.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,354 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Check the valentino group of hotels. They appear to have a couple of rooms left

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Produce Marketing Association is why I'm coming to town.

Actually, it's a pretty huge show and probably a large reason why many rooms are full.

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

porelly, thanks for the tip--I found something with Valentino!

Looking forward to our trip--appreciate the wonderful tripadvisor community!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

Loopwhole, you mentioned that this is "arguably the best weather of the year"...what does that mean? There are 7 of us coming that weekend for our first time and are wondering what the weather will be like. I know here in MN, it could be snowing that week....LOL

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All hotels booked Oct 18-20??

If I may debbs (even tho I'm not Loop!) average temps in NOLA at that time of year are 61-62 at night and 79-80 during the day. October has the most sun, least rain, and very little humidity. It IS arguably the best weather of the year!