We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which tour will I get the most out of?

Mt.Orab,Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Which tour will I get the most out of?

My husband and I love history and interesting tidbits. We like to take tours, then go back to further explore the places we saw on the tour. We'd like a good tour of the Garden district/French quarter and cemetaries. I think we're going to do the ghost tour and vampire tour while we're there.

We saw a movie tour on "tripadvisor" and was wondering how long they stayed in the cemetray and garden district? There are so many to choose from, we just want to get the story of NOLA.

Mentioned in this post
Garden District
Garden District
7,734 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Nola Restaurant
Nola Restaurant
3,389 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which tour will I get the most out of?

I had used Tour New Orleans for my cemetery tour, and enjoyed it very much. The guide was very knowledgeable and you could tell he had a passion to restoring and keeping these cemeteries going. It tours the St Louis#1, which is the oldest one. If you're history buffs, I would think this one would be of greater interest to you. It also stops at the church that is accross the street from the cemetery, so you get some history of the area as well. It's a solid 2hrs walking tour.

http://www.tourneworleans.com/

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which tour will I get the most out of?

Also, Bloody Mary is a NO voodoo priestest who has good tours. I had done her "Tour of the Undead", an evening walking tour of the French Quarter with a lot of information and history given on the tour. Again, a solid 2hrs tour.

http://www.bloodymarystours.com/index.htm

ps

bring really comfy walking shoes :)

Mentioned in this post
Bloody Mary's  Tours
Bloody Mary's Tours
638 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which tour will I get the most out of?

Take a look at Plantation Adventure's combo plantation and swamp tour. You will visit two plantations and then have a great lunch overlooking Lake Pontchartrain. After lunch you will take a swamp tour. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Pontchartrain
Lake Pontchartrain
264 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
4. Re: Which tour will I get the most out of?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 10:15