We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

Anybody have any suggestions as to the cheapest and most reliable transportation to get from the airport to a hotel in the French Quarter? So far, I've found out that the Airport Shuttle (listed as being on Howard Ave.) charges $20 one way, $38 RT if booking in advance. I doubt if I'll be able to find anything cheaper, but maybe somebody out there in TripAdvisor Cyberspace knows of anything else that may save me a buck or two. Thanks.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

See:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k454698…

and

http://www.flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

Take a cab for $33.00 for one or two person's. You will be checked in your room and out on the street having a cold drink before the shuttle gets to the FQ. Good luck.

AR
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

If you don't want to take a cab, the E2 bus goes from the airport to the corner of Tulane/Loyola(just out of the Quarter), M-F for $2. It usually takes less time than a shuttle and is interesting to see other parts of New Orleans IF you have a VERY small bag and if you land around 5:00 or before. Check on Jeffersontransit.org for schedule.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

You should hire a cab. Because as compare to cheap reliability is more important. You can hire it anytime. Generally it charge $34.

Good Luck.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,252 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

Cab is the way to go!

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

Thanks to all for your input regarding transportation to/from NO airport to hotel. So glad I asked, because I was leaning towards the airport shuttle, which I will NOT be using. Who goes to New Orleans to spend a significant amount of time riding from hotel to hotel? Not me, that's for sure!

7. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation In New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 11:16