We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

Pleasanton, CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

My DH and I are travelling to NO soon and I had my heart set on the Soniat House. They do not have a room for our whole stay, just 2 out of 3 days. Anyone have any ideas on another hotel, with pool, that is comparable to the Soniat House? I am considering a carriage house room at the Daupine Orleans. Any comments welcome.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

While I like the Dauphine, I wouldn't consider it a luxery hotel. It's similar to the St. Marie.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

See:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k443403…

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

The Windsor Court Hotel is not a small luxury hotel but it's rated the # 1 hotel in SE US. And it's not really a big hotel either.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

Verona--The Mason Dupuy looks like a very nice small luxery hotel!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
752 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

I wouldn't consider the Maison Dupuy a luxury hotel by any means. I stayed there last summer and wasn't impressed.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

I think the Windsor Court, Ritz Carlton, Royal Sonesta, Royal Orleans and Roosevelt are the only luxuty hotels in NOLA but none are small. Iberville Suites could be considered small luxury but none are the type small luxury hotels that you find in some places. Inn at Little Washington and Inn at Blackberry Farm are what I call small luxuty hotels.

But NOLA has some fine hotels. There's no reason one could not choose a great place to stay there.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
200 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

The Small Luxary Hotels were big in New Orleans back in the 80's and early 90's. More recently they have fallen out of vogue, demonstrated by the demise of the Maison De Ville. A few are left like the Soniat but it's evident that it's not the star it was when it opened in 1983.

I would go with the Maison Orleans; great reviews and stellar location. I agree with the Dauphine Orleans, great hotel for the money but larger. If you want opulance the La Pavillion is a great choice but it's larger and I never like the location.

Enjoy

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

The Maison Dupuy is NOT luxury. We stayed there for half of our trip and on our first day there I found a toe nail in our bed.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

The Maison Orleans and Maison Dupuy are not the same hotels. Maison Orleans is the Ritz-Carlton's very deluxe "club level".

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Small Luxury Hotel in New Orleans

There are a number of really top notch elegant B&B's...