We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay before my flight?

Cavite City...
2 posts
Where to stay before my flight?

3 of us friends have a flight back home at 5:00am in MSY. We would like to use our time since we are thinking to check out early and wait for our flight back home. Anything you can suggest to do or to stay?

Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
1,101 Reviews
from USD 48.00*
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat...
776 Reviews
from USD 176.00*
Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
789 Reviews
from USD 34.00*
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay before my flight?

Double Tree is a good hotel close to MSY. Harbor Seafood is just N of the airport and has great seafood. Esplanade Mall is just W of HS a few blocks. There's a nice Fairfied Inn between HS and EM.

Double Tree Hotel @ 2150 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Kenner, LA 504 - 467 - 3111.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

Harbor Seafood and Oyster Bar @ 3203 Williams Blvd., Kenner, LA 504 - 443 - 6454.

Fairfield Inn @ 1801 32nd Street, Kenner, LA 504 - 443 - 9800.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Edited: 18 April 2011, 02:49
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
77 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay before my flight?

We always go and hang out at Pat O'Brien's before our flight!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay before my flight?

If I understand your plan, you would prefer to not pay for a hotel room the night before you leave, since you won't have time to sleep much?

Sometimes things like that sound like a better idea than they really are, but you know what you want to do.

Most any hotel will stow your luggage with the bellman and you tip them when you pick it up. My guess is you could leave your luggage at the hotel when you check out and pick it up 2:30-3:00 AM ish when you retrieve it and head back to the airport.

My strong suggestion would be that you not drink all the way up til time to leave as airlines are not supposed to let you board if you are really intoxicated. I don't think they are overly vigilant, but if it is obvious, you might have trouble getting on your 5AM Flight.

You could give yourself a deadline, like midnight or 1:00AM to stop partying and go EAT something, so that you can sober up just a bit and sleep on the plane.

There are numerous 24/7 places to eat and drink non-alcoholic beverages while you wait for time to go. Best of luck to you. If it were me I would try to get a couple hours of sleep.

4. Re: Where to stay before my flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 14:21