We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than 48 Hours

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Less than 48 Hours

I am watching Treme in anticipation of our 1st trip to New Orleans in less than 48 hours. I know that I am going to love this city! "It's NPR. The N stands for Nuance"

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less than 48 Hours

Your first trip, huh?

You'll be back - the city gets in your blood and you can't get enough of her!!

Enjoy - we'll be thinking of you.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less than 48 Hours

Have fun. Let us know all about it.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less than 48 Hours

It definitely does NOT suck to be you!

Enjoy!

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less than 48 Hours

I forsee another victim-we will welcome you with open arms to our support group on your return. Have fun!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less than 48 Hours

AMEN to all the above!!!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Less than 48 Hours

After you spend some time at a few joints in the FQ you will be planning your next visit back to NOLA.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less than 48 Hours

We're leaving on Wednesday, and I'm sure we'll have a great time! One question, though, for those of you who are 'addicts'. How do you manage to go back so often? Unfortunately I don't have an unlimited travel budget :) and there are still a lot of places on my list of places to see. On my current list is Ecuador, Barcelona, Iceland ...... I could go on and on.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
328 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Less than 48 Hours

It's a city that you will never forget and will return to often...

Enjoy your visit!

bb

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Less than 48 Hours

We just got back from Vegas last Feb. People also say once you get bit by the Vegas bug you will return. It was a beautiful place but the it lacks the charm of NOLA.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Less than 48 Hours

SBJE - Simple. We keep going back to New Orleans because we fell in love with the city. It's a weird relationship - I would never want to live there, but also would NEVER want to think I won't see it again.

Since we only stay 3-4 days at a time I can justify going twice in a year - and will definitely do that for as long as I can pull it off!

As for seeing Europe, everybody please don't beat me up but I just don't have any urge to go across the ocean - lucky for my pocketbook, I guess.