We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astor Crowne Plaza

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
1 review
Astor Crowne Plaza

Has anyone done the $199.00 hotel special. Three nights for this price? Are there any catches and do the rooms resemble what is advertised on their web site. Any help would be great. We are going May 20th to the 23rd.

Thanks, Karl.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

They are part of the Holiday Inn chain so we used points for rooms so I can't comment on the pricing special but we stayed there this week and I can comment on the rooms.

They are a good size, clean and the beds are amazing. Bathroom is good size so you don't feel like you are in a closet.

The staff are friendly and we were able to get a late check out for Monday with no problem (our friend who did not use points was also able to get a late check out).

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

I've never stayed there, but one of my friends from Michigan thinks there's no place like it and stays once or twice a year. She's a smart cookie so I would think you're pretty safe with their offer.

Daphne
Level Contributor
258 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

This is a gret place to stay. The rooms are very nice and the beds are terrific. Service, staff all good. You won't be disappointed.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

ACP is a great hotel and it's in a perfect location. Chateau Bourbon is a great hotel also just a block away. Acme and Felix's are just around the corner. Good luck.

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

That caught my eye too when we were looking to book. It looks like you have to go to a timeshare presentation or something like that. Take a closer look before you book, because if it's sounds like it's too good to be true...

I would suggest you consider going with Priceline or Hotwire. We got the Hilton on Charles St for $100 night.

SoCal
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

$199 for 3 days is a great deal, especially for the Astor.

I've stayed there & it's one of my favorites in NOLA.

The hotel is in a great location, you are ON the corner of Bourbon & Canal, it really doesn't get much better if you want to be in the heart of the action.

If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that faces towards Canal, it is quieter on that side of the hotel.

Edited: 23 April 2011, 00:38
Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
1 review
7. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

Thanks for all the replies guys. The deal as merntioned is $199 but you must attend the time share presentation. Not really interested in that but would do it right now as we can not find any hotels with availability for the May 29th weekend less than $330.00. Unfortunately this deal has also gone. Might have to sleep on a park bench as previously mentioned. I hear Jackson Square has a few. lol.

AR
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

Better make other plans, Jackson Square is locked up at night to prevent bench sleeping.

9. Re: Astor Crowne Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 17:16