We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

Orlando
Level Contributor
421 posts
146 reviews
Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

Please say yes and please say it was positive!

I'm trying to not get excited, but I found a PHENOMENAL rate for Monteleone on their site and want to jump on it!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
1. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

I'm curious about this site too. However, I haven't actually ever found anything on getaroom.com any cheaper than any of the other hotel search engines.

Orlando
Level Contributor
421 posts
146 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

On just about every other site I've looked (expedia, orbitz, hotels.com etc) all show Monteleone for over $350/night for Easter weekend. Getaroom has it for $144!

I'm a bit skeptical!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,446 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

Kayak.com refers users to getaroom. I doubt Kayak would show getaroom listings if there was something awfully wrong. But as to customer service, I don't have any first hand knowledge. If I were trying them for the first time, I would be inclined to charge on American Express.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
4. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

Yes, Kayak is where I see them.

So far, the cheapest I've seen for the Monteleone is $199 and that was from their own website! lol

Orlando
Level Contributor
421 posts
146 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

Well I booked it. eek.

I just couldn't pass up the rate of $144 night for a king room for 4/3-4/5, especially when they offered a $25 rebate for booking thru their call center. It's a mail in rebate but, hey, it's $25 bucks right? We're out the door w/ taxes/fees etc for $150/ night for the Monteleone. They adverstise no cancellation/change fees as long as we follow the hotel cancellation policy.

The first girl I talked to was kind of pushing Le Pavillion. They did offer a better rate, what they call "non-published rate" that would have been 15-30% cheaper, w/ a $25 cancellation/change fee but I really wanted to stay IN the FQ.

So we'll see if this website works out. I found them thru travelzoo.

Thanks for your input!

Edited: 03 March 2010, 11:50
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
6. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

good deal! Have fun!

Key Largo
1 post
7. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

I booked a room in New York on getaroom.com and it was about $70 less than any site I checked. They get great deals. The customer service was excellent when I needed more information about the hotel.I read about them on Arthur Frommer's site - he wrote several articles about how they get these deals. He writes that the principals founded and ran some of the other major travel sites and have been offering hotels online since 1995 - they keep coming up with new ways to save on hotels. It is the only site I use now - why pay full price?

Orlando
Level Contributor
421 posts
146 reviews
8. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

Thanks Javier! That's exactly what I was hoping!

I also read that these are the guys that started up hotels.com

Edited: 04 March 2010, 14:22
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,986 posts
147 reviews
9. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

I think if they were referred thru Travelzoo they should be fine. Have a great time and be sure to have a drink in the Carousel Bar in the Monteleone!

Houston, TX
1 post
10. Re: Has anyone ever used getaroom.com for hotel bookings?

GETAROOM.COM IS A SCAM!!! Do not trust anything they say. In fact, they will charge you a $25 cancellation fee for booking over the telephone and cancelling within the hour! They will not inform you of this fee up front unless you specifically ask them about it. Also, they will charge you a one night room-rate cancellation fee if you cancel more than 72 hours after booking. No other travel website has such draconian, unpublished policies. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!