We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

Hi,

I will be driving through New Orleans this summer, and I am thinking of visiting the French Quarter. I am wondering if I can bring my 2 chihuahas down to walk around outside at the French Quarter. Does anyone know?

Level Contributor
483 posts
1 review
1. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

The French Quarter is very pet friendly...don't miss the chihauha store...Chi-wa-wa-ga-ga "a small store for dinky dogs".

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

it's a very pet friendly place, as long as you (obviously) pick up after your pooches.

If you're thinking about staying in N.O. for the night, I know that Loews accepts pets as do several b&b's in the area.

-kel

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

Very pet friendly. In fact, during Mardi Gras the French Quarter hosts a parade just for doggies (+ owners too!) called the Krewe of Barkus!

AR
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

And there are several doggies that visit the local bars regularly with their humans.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

any good places to eat that allow dogs? Obviously it would be outdoor seating...but just wondering.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,479 posts
48 reviews
6. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

Good Lord, yes!! Pooches are treated like royalty! When I was in NO in April, I saw at least a 1/2 dozen dogs not walking about, but being pushed in small baby strollers by their owners. It was so darn cute, that I had to stop somebody and ask to take a picture. :-)

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
7. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

Orleans Grapevine on Orleans St across from Bourbon Orleans Hotel has outdoor seating and I've often seen pets outside with their ownners...Same with Louisiana Pizza Kitchen and the Italian Barrel.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
122 reviews
8. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

try pet-friendly-hotels.net/pet-friendly-hotels-…

An older listing had Chateau Bourbon, Holiday Inn FQ Omni Royal, Royal Sonesta, Sheraton, W, WIndsor Court, Drury Inn & Suites., historic french market inn.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

Yes. I constantly see people walking their dogs in the Quarter. Looks like a lot of fun actually.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: The French Quarter- Pet Friendly??

I can't speak about the dogs, but I DID see a grown man (in a black leather thong and spiked dog collar), 'walking' another grown man on a leash who was wearing less than the first guy. Right down the middle of Decatur St. Very interesting...and that was in the middle of the day and not during a parade. Only in the Quarter.