We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Roebourne
4 posts
Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Is there any car rental businesses in Madison, WI that hire out Jeep Wranglers? My husband & I will be in & around Madison for 2 weeks in Aug/Sep & we would really like to hire a Wrangler.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
964 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Avis in Milwaukee rents them - you may be able to have them deliver it to Madison for you, if you don't mind paying them to do it. Are you flying into Madison, then, or Chicago or Milwaukee?

Roebourne
4 posts
2. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Flying into Madison. Thank you, might be worth a try. We are coming from Austrralia.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
12,018 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Just check the websites for the major car rental agencies, Hertz, Avis, National, Alamo, Dollar. You may have several options for renting a jeep. But, I believe all rental agencies have the option of substituting vehicles, so even if you reserve a jeep you may not get one.

I tried looking at some Jeep dealers in Madison to see if they rent cars, but I couldn't find anything online. Perhaps someone in Madison who has an actual phone book, the old fashioned paper kind, could find info from Russ Darrow or one of the other Jeep dealers to see if a 2 week rental is possible.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
964 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Nobody rents Jeeps here, unfortunately. Which is why I checked Milwaukee. It's VERY hard in our small market to rent anything unusual.

So it goes! If you choose SUV when you rent on-line, you WILL get a large Jeep-like vehicle, but if you have your hearts set on a Jeep, and a Wrangler in particular, it will have to come from Milwaukee.

Is Madison your first stop in the States, then? Just touching down in LA and heading straight here?

Roebourne
4 posts
5. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Pretty much coming straight in & out Madison. Have a summer camp reunion outside of Madison and family in Praire du Chein. Can't wait! We just thought it would be fun to have a Wrangler while in US. But maybe we'll just end up with a Liberty or Grand Cherokee instead. Whatever happens, we'll have alot of fun along the way :)

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
964 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

I'm sure that you will! Enjoy the planning, and let us know if you have any other questions as you get closer to traveling.

Roebourne
4 posts
7. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

Excellent! Thank you for your help. I will probably have more questions, as we get closer to departure :)

8. Re: Car Rental - Jeep Wrangler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 19:27