We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
630 posts
42 reviews
Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

We are heading for a weekend getaway to Madison and would love to find some home decor or furniture shopping (including galleries) for art, accessories, furniture but with a more contemporary or transitional feel. Any suggestions? We normally head to Madison for the Art Fair on the Square so our taste is more artsy & unique....no oak galleries please although we do love Frank Lloyd Wright styles.

Madison Bead Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
Classy Glass
Gift & Speciality Shops
State Street & Downtown Madison
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

I've never been there but I always see the ads for The Century House (modern Scandinavian) and it looks like they have nice stuff. http://centuryhouseinc.com/ This forum doesnt' seem to get much traffic so you might want to post in the forum at www.thedailypage.com and see if you can get some responses there.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

Paoli, just a ways outside of town might be up your alley, too.

http://www.visitpaoli.com/Shopping.html

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,184 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

We like Rubin's at 317 E. Wilson: www.rubinsfurniture.com

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
1 review
4. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

Woodworks off of Gammon on Watts is a wonderful place. Great furniture, great lamps and accessories. Kelly is extremely helpful, as are the rest of the staff. Really nice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

I miss Century House. They have great Scandinavian furniture. They have multiple locations, but the main one is on University near Shorewood.

Also, there is a gallery for local artists that can have some home furnishings. It's on University in Middleton. It used to be in Hilldale. Kimbob, can you help? The memory is slipping now that I have six plus months in NYC!

Pam

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
964 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

I think you mean the Bindley Collection, Pam - http://www.bindleycollection.com/

Looks like you have lots to choose from here. If there is something in particular that you are looking for, though, let us know. We can recommend specialty shops for particular items as well.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
630 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

One of the things we are missing in Milwaukee (have Rubins) is stores with unique home decor items....sculpture, art, etc. But still in a somewhat affordable range for the average buyer. Not thinking Home Goods or Pier 1, but something a little more upscale or one of a kind.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

Yes! The Bindley Collection! I am so bummed I lost my hat that I bought there last year. It's a nice gallery.

Pam

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
630 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

For all the responders...the Bindley Collection is gone -- closed after Christmas. I did get to Bella Vista across the street and that had a few items we found interesting, but no purchases. Spent a great weekend in Madison and instead of shopping, did the Capital Brewery tour, visited the Sugar Mill distillary and saw part of the cyclo-cross championship. I guess we'll save shopping for our next trip (we live in Milwaukee and have Rubin's handy)....but sad that we couldn't check out the Bindley.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
964 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: Home Decor & Furniture Shops in Madison

Sorry to learn that Bindley is closed. A sign of the times, I guess. I'm coming over to Milwaukee Thursday night for an Old Potosi five-course meal at Smyth in the Iron Horse! I still have to get to Sugar Mill to try their whiskey.

Glad you had fun, and the weather was great! I'll start looking for an artist's store similar to Bindley for your next visit to Madison.