We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to Horton Plain from Nuwara EliyOhiya/ Ambewela

Dhaka City...
14 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest way to Horton Plain from Nuwara EliyOhiya/ Ambewela

I am planning for a day trip in Nuwara Eliya and then want to visit Horton Plain next morning. Can someone advise what would be the best place (Nuwara EliyOhiya/ Ambewela) to stay so I can go Horton Plain easily via public transport or any other available cheaper option. Should I come to Ambewela to stay overnight after completing a day trip at Nuwara Eliya?

Thanks

Towhid

3 replies to this topic
Ambalangoda, Sri...
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to Horton Plain from Nuwara EliyOhiya/ Ambewela

Hi,

Ohiya is the best base for HP because 15 mins drive to park entrance. But less accom choice.Eliya has many accom but 45-60 mins to park entrance.

Ambwela is more closer to park than Eliya but again less accom.

Better to arrange a private transport pre day because you need to be at park entrance at least 7 am.

BRgds

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,569 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to Horton Plain from Nuwara EliyOhiya/ Ambewela

Yes and the standard walk (to World's End and possibly as extra Bakers Falls) takes no more than 3-4 hours. Hence no need to stay nearby afterwards, many people travel to e.g. Ella or even further.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Panadura, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
433 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to Horton Plain from Nuwara EliyOhiya/ Ambewela

Yeah Ohoya is the best place to visit HP.There are few lodges around Ohiya & 5km to entrance (Ohiya entrance), 10km to main entrance & you can hire tuk from Ohiya.But lots of accommodation options from Eliya but 32k to main entrance.Also no need to stay Ambewwla or near by after visit as Mr.Eric said.

Cheers

Edited: 03 April 2017, 15:38
Reply to: Cheapest way to Horton Plain from Nuwara EliyOhiya/ Ambewela
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted