We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

I am trying to organise my 50th birthday but having trouble finding a hotel where we can swim and have lunch and spend the day. have emailed niksoma and a no go there. does anyone know of anywhere else other than places like cocoon. thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
860 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

Think someone else said in an earlier post in May, that you could do this at The Stones, just had to commit to a minimum spend. Also Tao bar and grill? at Ramada Kamikila

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

I know most large resorts welcome a small group to have lunch and use pool but I have to question whether they would let a larger group (over 10) have an all day party there. It may be easier to find a villa for a day and night. I have to admit I would be a little p'eed off if I was prevented from enjoying time around the pool at the hotel i have paid to stay in because outsiders came in. How many people are you planning on having? Maybe the Hard Rock ..I think a place like Cocoon or Potato head may be better. though. What is wrong with your own hotel " :)

Edited: 16 June 2013, 16:40
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

Another though, Blue Point at Uluwatu. or Finn's Beach Club.

sydney
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

Segara asian at the back of discovery is a restaurant with a pool as long as you eat and drink.u can stay all day.great view too.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

thanks everyone, linda52, we are staying at k/p and being my 50th I would like somewhere nice as we stay at kp all the time, I to would be pissed if I was paying to stay at the hotel that's why I am asking to see whats out there. we only have 15 people. just trying to come up with ideas, thanks again

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
799 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

A group of 15 people is not a small group and I think most hotels would not allow it. As others have said you are better off looking at Cocoon or Potato Head etc. I think this way you are also not going to upset inhouse guests who could make your day less enjoyable if they become annoyed because they feel your group has taken over the facilities they have paid for as part of their nightly rate.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

I agree MadJacqui72, will look at cocoon or may just have to book a nice lunch somewhere and forget the pool part, its just we have teenage kids with us and thought they would enjoy the day more

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

As I stated tracrickal, have a look at Blue Point, the view from the infinity pool is wonderful and the kids can surf if they want. It's a very reasonable cost for a lunch there and you can stay in the pool all day :) A good days outing as well a lot different to the beach strip in Legian which as you say, you are all very familiar with. Also the Beach House at Canggu and Mozaic Beach Club.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 17:39
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

There is also Paon and Whacko beach clubs at Tanjung Benoa - if you have teenagers or teenagers at heart - the water sports (banana boat, jet skis etc could be fun

10. Re: can you pay to use pools in big resorts in legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 14:18