We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to the Smokey's on June 16th...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Coming to the Smokey's on June 16th...

We can't wait to get there, but would like to know if there are any ball fields, batting cages, pitching mounds anything like that around. I have a grandson that is big into little league and will be playing on the allstar team when we get home. He is concerned because he HAS to keep in shape. Any suggestions........

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to the Smokey's on June 16th...

There's no official field, but Patriot Park in Pigeon Forge is big enough for him to take some fielding or batting practice on.

I'll bet somewhere in the area is some batting cages, but I'm not sure where they would be.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to the Smokey's on June 16th...

There are ball diamonds behind the Pigeon Forge community center. I would check the Welcome Centers on arrival. I'm sure than can let you know about batting cages.

Illinois
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to the Smokey's on June 16th...

City Park, behind the community center, stoplight #3 in Pigeon Forge has either 4 or 5 lighted baseball fields, Mynatt Park on Asbury Lane in Gatlinburg has fields, and the Sevierville City park also has fields, 441 N , right on Park Road..about 3 miles on left

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to the Smokey's on June 16th...

WOW, thank you all very much. I will be glad to know there are areas where he and the rest of the kids can go and bat and pitch as if they will not have enough to do. I told him that he needs to go and just relax for the week and then get back into it when we get back. Thanks so much again, see you on the 16th.

5. Re: Coming to the Smokey's on June 16th...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 11:15