We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plans--What do you think?

Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Plans--What do you think?

We arrive on Saturday July 7 around 4-5 pm. We will check into our cabin and then to the grocery store and back to the cabin for dinner.

The plans for the rest of the week include Country Tonite on Sunday evening and Comedy Barn on Wed. night. We plan on hitting Dollywood one day and drive to Clingdom's dome, Roaring Fork, Cades Cove, and hopefully Mingo Falls. I want to walk the streets of Gatlinburg to do some shopping. It will be me 2 DD's 8 and 4 and my parents. DH has to work so we will be able to go at a slower pace especially with my parents. I want to save one afternoon to let the girls go swimming. My brother and his family will join us for 2 days and we all plan on going to Dollywood together and celebrate some birthdays and our parents 40th anniversary. My brother and his family has never been there and my parents have not been there in decades. My family has been going every other year for 11 years. So what do you think of my plans..anything I am missing. I want to eat at Panckae Pantry, The Old Mill, and visit the Apple Barn.

Thanks for your input.

Holly in Ohio

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plans--What do you think?

Farmerwife,

Sounds Great ! ! Have fun.

Another really good show to go to is The Smith Family Show.

LC

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
591 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plans--What do you think?

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! In case of rain, Ripley's Aquarium fits all ages. Oh yeah, I'm sure you're thinking about a picnic either in Cades Cove or by a stream. Other than that, I wish I was part of your family!

Alabama
Level Contributor
76 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plans--What do you think?

When you go to Cades Cove, you need to go to the Camp Store and get ice cream. They have the best soft serve ice cream. You can get chocolate, vanilla, or swirl. They are usually huge! Donna from Alabama

4. Re: Plans--What do you think?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 06:20