We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

I'm not sure if someone in the past has even posted this but, this is a great webcam of the parkway from the roof of the Mountain Mall on Gatlinburg.

mountainchalets.com/AreaInfo/GatlinburgLive.…

Brettman

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

I waved at my mom on that webcam last trip. It is a great webcam. I look at it sometimes when I am having GB withdrawals. I'm going to try and watch it on the 4th of July to see the parade.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

There you go!!! That is a great idea.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

Was that last year already that we were all trying to watch the camera for the parade - or was that New Year's Eve and the ball dropping on the space needle? Whenever it was I think a lot of us - me included - couldn't get the webcam to work - it was maybe on overload?

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

Man you ladies are giving me some great ideas!!! HEHEHE!!!

Brettman

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

I love that thing!!! I'm on it all the time just checking out people & traffic!! I hav'nt been yet, 11 days and counting!! What stores are we seeing anyway?

Ida, Mi
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

I look at the webcam every morning just befor I get on gatlinburg forum.In May I was in Gburg and before I left I showed people at work how to get it up and then I called them on way to Pancake Pantry and waved to them from middle of the road at the crosswalk (there was no traffic at 8am). This is how I get my fix until Nov.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

Oh my gosh, May you haven't been to Gatlinburg!!!! You will have a blast in G-burg if you love to shop like I do. Some of the highlights I love to go to in Gatlinburg is:

Ripley's Aquarium - This aquarium is awesome. Period!!

Red Rocket - This place have all kinds of Retro T-shirts, keychains, toys and other stuff

Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen - They have the best Cashew Brittle in the world.

Del Sol - Next to Old Smoky Country Kitchen. They got stuff like T-shirts, hair clips, sun glasses and other stuff that changes colors in the sun.

The Space Needle - this is the huge tower in the webcam. You ride to the top of the the lookout tower and there is some great pictures you can take. This place also has a killer arcade.

The camera is located just south of the Aquarium at the top of the 3 to 4 story mall on the corner of River Rd. and GSM Parkway. (-: Look for the Wendy's sign on the mall.

Brettman

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

I can get the website to pull up, but the webcam box says "connecting to media" , then "ready" but there is only a black box there. Must be something stupid I'm doing wrong, anyone have any ideas? btw, I can get other webcams to work, just not this one.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

Hmmm, not quite sure, I know it takes a few seconds to finishing buffering. It requires Windows Media Player. Try clearing out cookies and restarting. Then try it again. Good Luck (-:

Brettman

Mason, Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: An awesome Gatlinburg webcam!!!!

Can someone tell me what the buildings are on the left side of the street there? Looks like the first one you see there is a restaurant or shop...