We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hillbilly Golf

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Topic
Hillbilly Golf

For as long as I've been going to Gatlinburg, I've never played Hillbilly Golf! After hearing about it for so many years, and reading about it on here, I may see if hubby wants to try it out on our next trip (whenever that may be). I read that there's two different courses up there. Do you pick which one you want at the beginning? Also, which one would you reccomend we try? I guess my question is, which is the best or most interesting/fun to play?

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hillbilly Golf

They both in my opinion are about the same. This is a great place to play. It is fun. I so recommend that you try this. We love playing here, in fact on our last trip in April we played in the rain so we would not miss it on our trip. It is also a great place in the summer with all the shade it offers.

Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hillbilly Golf

As Misscrispy said, it is a lot of fun. We play it everytime we're there. When you get to the top, you just choose which side to get off & that's the course you play down, where you get picked up & taken the rest of the way down. I don't know which course is the best.....we've played them both, but really can't tell you anything specific about either one. It's really nice on a hot day as the trees help to keep it cooler. We haven't played at night, but if you do, I'd probably take the bug spray....I bet you'd need it! Hope you get to play....have fun!

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hillbilly Golf

I think I shared this on another thread. I wouldn't go at night. I am a big wuss and every little noise scared me. LOL

The two coarses are simular in my opinion. Unlike Davy Crocketts and Old McDonald's where the courses have different landscaping per course all it's up there is two golf courses with a front of a house, a wagon and some other stuff. The whole thing is awesome. You are really high up......It pretty cool!!!! (-:

Brett

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hillbilly Golf

Thanks! I've always wondered what it was like to play Hillbilly Golf, and what it looked like up there. I've only seen pictures and heard people talk about it. After reading so much about it though, and how many people love it, I gotta try it now :)

I'm a country gal who's stayed alone for months at a time when my husband was in the Air Force. Now he's a deputy and works crazy hours, so I don't think I'll be too scared up there. Maybe! haha

5. Re: Hillbilly Golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 11:18