We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

MS
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

I have looked at both web sites and sent E-mails to both. Has anyone used either of these? Please help!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

i would also be interested in any comments. We are heading up to the Smokies at the end of May. I cant wait!!!!!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

My family has used Rafting in the Smokies for at least 12 years and always had good service. We love to raft the Nantahala River and they stopped doing this river last year. I guess now we're looking for another company, too. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions if I can.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

Rip Roaring Adventures - We have used them twice.

http://raftingtennessee.com/

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
587 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

wdwtripnut...I just bumped a forum from last summer that may answer some of your questions. We highly recommend Cherokee Rafting!!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

check out rafting.com or raftingamerica.com for all the best trips on the Pigeon, Ocoee, Nantahala, Chattooga, and other rivers.

Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

This message is a little late for you, but it may help someone else. My family, 2 adults and 2 children rafted this week with Smoky Mountain Outdoors. We paid over $100 for our trip, and our start time was delayed by over an hour. The bathroom facility is very small and most of the stall doors do not lock due to broken hooks. They booked too many people at one time for the amount of rafts and guides they had. We had to change in our car after the trip due to the long line at the tiny bathroom. I noticed other companies who ran smaller operations, such as Rip Roaring Adventures and Appalachian Outdoors. Next time I will go with one of those and I suggest that others do the same.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

That's good to know 99, thanks. How was the water level? Was it running pretty good? I know it is controlled by the dam, but was wondering if the lack of rain was effecting it in any way?

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

We just returned from TN and used Smoky Mountain Outdoor for our rafting trip as well. While I have to agree that the bathrooms are a bit on the small side, our experience with them was great. Our trip actually left earlier than scheduled (we were there 1 hr ahead of time as instructed). There were 6 rafts that went out at the same time with about 5-6 people in each raft. Our guide was ok and the trip leader was very funny and intertaining.

Smokiesgirl,

The water level was fine. Our guide said we had a good flow. I guess the fact that the river is damn control helps.

9. Re: Rafting in the Smokies or Smoky mountain rafting? Which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 01:16