We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

Boston
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

I am heading to Page next week and am wondering if anyone been to both Antelope Canyon and Canyon X? Do you prefer one over the other? Is it worth it to do both? Can both be done in one day?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

Heading to Page in spring of '09 and would appreciate any information about your experiences w/ Antelope and Canyon X. Thanks!

Peace,

Al

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

I have not been to canyon x so can't comment. The only thing I know is that there is only one opperator who does tours there and I don't remember the name off hand. I highly recommend lower Antelope over upper but if you have time do both.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

I'll be in Page next week as well. We are planning on doing both Antelope and Canyon X, however we are do the tours are separate days. Hummer Tours is the only tour outfit for Canyon X.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

Give you 2 sites to explore:

1. www.overlandcanyontours.com

2. www.slotcanyonhummeradventures.com

Tet

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

We made it to Page and did do both upper Antelope Canyon (Cheif Tsosie tour) and the Hummer Adventour. I was incorrect in my earlier post that stated that Hummer was the only tour for Canyon X; they actually have sole rights to tour another set of canyons, Staircase, Passage and Secret, with Secret Canyon being the major canyon.

I really enjoyed both tours. We did the 2.5 hour photo tour with Chief Tsosie and the 5 hours 3-canyon tour with the Hummer Adventures. Antelope Canyon had slightly better lighting, but there were crowds to deal with. Antelope canyon was alos a very easy walk. The canyons on the Hummer tour were all very pretty and the lack of crowds made them even better (when we went, it was just my wife and I with the tour guide). There is some scrambling over/under rocks needed. Also, there was a good chance of seeing wildlife on the Hummer Tour (we saw a greated-horned owl and bobcat tracks).

If you have time, do both.

London
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

Any more comments on this very interesting question - including if both *CAN* be done in one day - ideally with the light and time for good photos in late September ?

Ramblesider

7. Re: Canyon X verses Antelope Canyon or both?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 09:20