We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer- Antelope X vs upper & lower antelope canyon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
First timer- Antelope X vs upper & lower antelope canyon

Hi,

Me and my friend are visiting for the first time to Vegas. We have limited time there therefore want to spend a day exploring the Antelope canyon.

Viator are offering two bus tour options from Vegas (we don't drive):

Option 1: Antelope canyon and horseshoe bend- this explores the upper & lower canyon briefly (I think more upper) and the horseshoe bend ($250pp)

Option 2: Antelope canyon X- this explores the newly opened Canyon X ($220pp)

I have heard a lot about the lower canyon with the light beams and stuff. The tour operator said Canyon X is pretty great too.

I am very keen on doing one of the tours. Given we are first-time visitors, what would you recommend out of the two options?

PS We are ok with a 5hr+ bus ride from Vegas to the canyon over a day trip

4 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,748 posts
90 reviews
1. Re: First timer- Antelope X vs upper & lower antelope canyon

Yes, you will be riding a bus 5 hours each way for a 1 hour experience at each place. There is no choice of experiencing either Antelope Canyon "briefly," so I suspect that only one canyon is visited.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
2. Re: First timer- Antelope X vs upper & lower antelope canyon

Thanks. I was hoping to get an answer of which one to do out of the two options :)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,688 posts
249 reviews
3. Re: First timer- Antelope X vs upper & lower antelope canyon

I recommend neither. Page is not a day trip from LV. At least not one I’d ever consider.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: First timer- Antelope X vs upper & lower antelope canyon

If you really have your heart set on one of those slot canyons then I wouldn't overthink it too much. They will be fairly similar experiences, but like the others said, you will have a 5 hour drive - each way - to experience an hours worth of slot canyon. There are many other experiences to enjoy that are closer to Las Vegas for a day trip. Valley of Fire is only an hour or so north of Las Vegas.

Reply to: First timer- Antelope X vs upper & lower antelope canyon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted