We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brooklyn Flea

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Brooklyn Flea

Hi All,

Brooklyn Flea is opening this weekend April 7&8. There are 3 locations.

Is one location better than the other? Will it be up and running this early in the season or better, more vendors in couple of weeks? Any details? Have you ever been? What to expect?

Thank you, m

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brooklyn Flea

I've observed that the Brooklyn Flea is busiest during the summer months when things warm up. Unfortunately, I have not compared the various locations.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brooklyn Flea

i personally like the williamsburg flea better than the ft greene one. it feels more open. i think the 3rd flea you're referring to is actually smorgasburg which is a food only flea on sat in the w'burg spot. the vendor quantity seems about the same at both fleas but if there's someone specific you're looking for there's usually a map of the vendor stands posted online. it's possible more vendors come later in the summer but the weather has been so nice already, maybe they're all ready to set up. also not sure if sunday being easter will affect vendor's schedule to come out.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brooklyn Flea

Thx. Their website makes it look really neat! Wanted a personal review. M

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brooklyn Flea

I like the Ft Greene flea - its also a great chance to see the beautiful neighborhood surrounding the flea - a lot of classic brooklyn brownstones.

both have GREAT food - so go hungry!

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brooklyn Flea

It really is a matter of personal preference. Ft. Greene is in an historic old neighborhood, beautiful houses/mansions, nice restaurant row to check out.

Williamsburg on the other hand is very scenic being on the river, has I think better food vendor options, and is located in one of the hippest and interesting neighborhoods in the city

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brooklyn Flea

Where is the fort green flea market sat nov 3. And how far from red hook pier? Thanks

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brooklyn Flea

shopperwhite, as I already told you on your other thread, if you want the best response you need to stop asking this question on the little-read Brooklyn forum, and instead post the question in the forum for New York City

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brooklyn Flea

Yes, on November 3rd, the Fort Greene location of the Brooklyn Flea will be on Lafayette. After November 17th, it will move indoors.

http://www.brooklynflea.com/markets/

9. Re: Brooklyn Flea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:19