We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowing the search in VRBO

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Narrowing the search in VRBO

We're planning to attend a wedding in Brooklyn later this year, and would like to stay near where the couple are living, which is Garfield Place between 6th & 7th. Does that area have a name that I might use to narrow down the search through VRBO? Or does anyone have a recommendation as to where we might stay? Thanks.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrowing the search in VRBO

If you go to the New York City forum, you'll see an FAQ that explains that apartment rentals in New York City are almost all illegal when for less than 30 days, no matter who you rent them through. We do not recommend apartment rentals when staying in New York City.

There are a couple of decent and inexpensive hotels near that intersection: the Holiday Inn Express at 625 Union Street, the Super 8 at 267 3rd Avenue, and another Holiday Inn Express at 279 Butler Street. There's also Hotel Le Bleu, which is a boutique hotel, at 370 4th Avenue. All of these locations are within a few blocks of your location. If you need more detailed hotel help, I suggest you post with your dates and budget on the New York City forum - that's where the hotel experts post.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrowing the search in VRBO

Thanks for the quick reply, BrooklynBrdge. I had no idea it might be illegal to rent an apartment for 4-6 days, but it makes sense. Thanks also for the Hotel Le Bleu suggestion; looks like a nice place, and our best option at this point. But I'll also do as you suggest and post on the NYC forum.

3. Re: Narrowing the search in VRBO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:17