We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful B&B Gardens??

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful B&B Gardens??

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know the bed and breakfasts with the most beautiful gardens? I'm interested in the historic district or very close to it. I'm really having trouble finding one that has much of a garden at all!

This is the most important thing I'm looking for in a B&B.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

What time of year do you plan to come? This area is not much for gardens anytime except in the spring. It's just too hot to keep them up through the summer.

The property around the B&Bs in the Historic District is also limited. The gardens, if any would be quite small. Your best bet would be to walk around and look at the small gardens around the homes in the historic district. You will find a lot of containers with plantings that can be easily replaced each year.

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

I just popped online and you must have posted immediately after. I'm going in just 3 weeks. It was a spur of the moment thing.They should be pretty good still in late April-early May.

It seems like Eliza Thompson is pretty good and maybe Forsyth Park Inn??

Michigan
Level Contributor
83 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

My husband and I stayed at Forsyth Park Inn and liked it a lot. We stayed in room # 4 because it has a sunroom overlooking the courtyard. It was so pretty with flowers and a fountain. We enjoyed sitting in the courtyard after a day of walking. You can also sit on their beautiful front porch for breakfast or whenever, and see Forsyth Park.

I hope you have a nice visit.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

I second Forsyth Park Inn. It's a great place to stay. The view of the park is really nice.

http://www.forsythparkinn.com/

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

Notice you are from Menomonee Falls, WI - as am I. (Small world!) My daughter and I will be in Savannah Apr 19-24 and are staying at Planters Inn. They don't have gardens but is right across from Reynolds Square. Hopefully all of the flowers won't have peaked too early with all the warm weather. As you know, we are about 1 month early in our part of WI and I hear it's been warm in Savannah. Hoping to still see some beautiful blooms! Enjoy your trip!

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

Thanks for your help, everyone! Yes, I am staying at Frosyth Park Inn and am looking forward to it.

gma;3Ms: Enjoy your trip and make sure to check out Forsyth Park, Orleans Square, and Washington (or is it Green...they're right next to each other) Square for flowers. Incredible.

Michigan
Level Contributor
83 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

I do hope you'll love Forsyth Park Inn, we sure did. Be sure to write a trip report and let us know about your Savannah visit.

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

Thanks for the tip! I will be sure to check them out. I'm a big gardener during our short Wisconsin growing season, so am really looking forward to the gardens as well.

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

Thanks Shooiec!

One more thing for my fellow Menomonee Falls-ite. A couple of years ago in April, we took a tour called "Garden and Gate" tour...from Trusted Tours and Attractions. We were taken to all the prettiest gardens (none B&B!) and shown all the prettiest, well... gates. Savannah is very known for their gorgeous, intricate wrought iron. The tour guide was very comprehensive about each garden and the types of foliage. He also showed us a magnificent tree in Warren Square that I visit from time to time; we're old friends now. There are actually a few massive trees in that square...very impressive. If you're a gardener, I'd recommend this tour. Just beautiful.

Midwest
Level Contributor
42 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beautiful B&B Gardens??

I just now bought a a Groupon Savannah coupon for the Garden and Gates walking tour. It was %52 off. Just Google Groupon Savannah. For $12, I got 2 tix to the tour. I can't wait....but I guess I have to since we aren't going until September...