We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Long Would It Take

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
How Long Would It Take

How long would it take to walk from the river to Forsyth Park?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Long Would It Take

How fast can you walk? Distance wise, and if you were in basically the middle of all the stuff on River Street and walked straight back, more or less, the Park is probably about a mile away. If you don't need to run, then its a wonderful stroll once you are across Bay Street heading towards the Park as you will pass through many of the wonderful Squares. But distance wise, I think about a mile or so.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Long Would It Take

I think you could walk there in 25 minutes or less. The HD is not but a mile wide if I remember correctly.

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How Long Would It Take

Yup, just about a mile to the start of Forsyth Park. Then, there' s several blocks worth of park to see.

And that's if you go straight through the other squares. Bull Street would be your best route.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Long Would It Take

It takes us about 45 minutes but we take our time and often stop in the squares for a break. You can do it fairly quick like the others said but I like to take in the sights along the way.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Long Would It Take

Savannah is a great walking city. Get a walking tour map from the Visitor's Center. Be sure to visit Savannah City Market and the neat shops and restaurants there.

Clinton, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Long Would It Take

We are going next weekend and i would love to walk the whole downtown and see the squares? Can it be done in an afternoon?

Edited: 17 May 2013, 01:14
Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Long Would It Take

Targonski The more famous ones for sure, keep in mind there are 24 squares but it can be done. .bBout 3 miles walking E to W , N to S.

Clinton, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Long Would It Take

I printed off a map and routed the best ways (yes, I'm a nerdy OCD) so I think I'm gonna give it a shot. Thanks!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Long Would It Take

It can be done but I doubt you'll be able to spend a lot of time in each square. Have fun.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
10,549 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Long Would It Take

It's 1 mile from the Mansion on Forsyth Park to the River Street Inn. It takes as long as it takes you to walk a mile, although you probably want to stroll through the squares.

I just counted 9 squares on the west side of the HD and 11 on the east as well as Colonial Park cemetery. If you zigzagged on the left and then the right I'm guessing you'd be walking about 3 miles to see them all.