We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riverton, Utah
Level Contributor
32 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Hubby and I are flying in Friday morning so we can wander around and see the sights. We will be renting a car, we love seafood, water and football! Is there any don't miss things we must do? We were thinking about heading down to DC for one day, either Friday or Saturday. Where is the best place to hang out before the game Sunday? We are staying in inner harbor. Any suggestions will help. We Ready! We ready! We ready! For Y'alllllll! What time is it? Game time.GORAVENS!!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Baltimore is a laid back city. If you're a history buff you'll probably want to visit Fort McHenry (on the water) and the B&O Railroad Museum. Sports nuts, like yourself, may want to check out Babe Ruth Museum and the Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards. Art buffs can check out the Walters Art Museum, BMA, or the AVAM.

For seafood, check out Thames Street Oyster House & Riptide by the Bay in Fells Point. You can really just wander around Fells Point and pop into any place that tickles your fancy. It's a cant miss neighborhood in Baltimore.

As for water activities, you may want to look into dinner cruises or a boat tour. There is a water taxi that takes you from place to place and offers good views of the city. So you might actually be able to kill two birds with one stone there. Tiki Barge is on the water and a cool, laid back bar with some cool views of the industrial side of the harbor.

For gameday activities, if you aren't tailgating, I recommend visiting the Farmer's Museum on Gay and Saratoga, then wander through the inner harbor with the other Ravens fans and go to Pratt Street Ale House, Pickles, Gameday Warehouse and just wander around the various tailgate lots to soak in the atmosphere. With the Cowboys in town the city should be rocking. I am a season ticket holder and unfortunately (for me) I will be in France and will miss this game. So do it up for me, ya hear?

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Also, if you have never been to DC or don't have the chance to go there often, I would save that for another trip and just relax in Baltimore for the weekend. There is plenty to see and do here in 3 days.

DC in a day could be fun but you'd need at least 3-4 days to take everything in.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
868 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Agreed with Mirage. Stay in Baltimore and save DC for it's own trip. Don't run yourself around if ya don't have to.

You'll be here at the height of crab season so seafood will be a good choice. Try and get out of the inner harbor if you want seafood though. It's all tourista menu in the IH. Fells Pt might be a better area for that.

If you have a car I suggest heading up into Baltimore County near Essex or Middle River for dockside crab pickin'.

If you're the type who are comfy in blue jeans and Coors Light coozies on the back porch then deff head on out that way.

Hangin' out before the game? Cross St. Market in Fells is good for pre-party. You can walk to the stadium in 5-10 min. Or you could pack some drank and check out some tailgating action. It's all over the stadium area.

Riverton, Utah
Level Contributor
32 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

OH MY! This trip is just getting better and better, love the fact it sounds like a laid back city. Good to know that there is so much to do, we will definately be heading up near Essex or Middle River, (need to research that area, we've never actually stayed out east only flown through).Is there enough to keep us busy for an afternoon up that way? Would you suggest Friday or Saturday? Thanks Gravitron!! The Tiki Barge sounds pretty cool too, we are more laid back when we travel so these sound great! I also read about a haunted pub crawl, is that a fun thing? I figure with it being October, get with the season!! Also, how about local breweries? Game is @ 1, so is the inner harbor area going to have the places open that early on a Sunday? Is it a tailgate lot or is it all around the stadium? How is the weather in October? I noticed it was raining @ the preseason last week. Were from Utah so we can handle the cold, just like to be prepared. Mirage52 don't worry I'll do you up proud, I'm married to a Cowboys ( Im pretty sure its the cheerleaders(: )fan so we get pretty competitive, and this game happens only once about evey 4 years so its a shall we say "spirited" one! Have a wonderful time in France! Thank you so much for all your input, keep it coming! If you think of something that would be great dont hesitate to suggest!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Not much to see and do in Middle River other than picking crabs. I recommend Costa's Inn. About as good a crabhouse as their is in Baltimore. If you want to stay local, try LP Steamers in Locust Point.

If you're interested in a haunted pub crawl, book it now -- they sell out fast.

Local breweries: Heavy Seas offers tours but it's on the west side of town. You may be better off going to Heavy Seas Ale House in Harbor East, Brewer's Art in Mt. Vernon and Max's Taphouse in Fells Point for a great selection of beers to try.

Don't worry, the downtown area will be alive and kicking on a Sunday. Places usually open around 10 for pre-gamers. Mother's has an outdoor patio where a lot of people get drunk standing up.

Weather in October varies from warm to cool, dry to wet. So be prepared.

Enjoy it.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

We usually pre game at the Firehouse on Ostend Street - $3 beers and pit beef / turkey. All proceeds go to widows and orphans fund of the fire department.

All are welcome and it is a short walk to the stadium.

Enjoy your trip!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
868 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Hey cate, that's a great tip. I was just down the end of Ostend St. last week for the Lions tailgate. Nice tucked out of the way space but still close to the stadium.

Hey esthichick. If you are heading up to the county for crabs Costas has good crabs but is not on the water. If you want a cool laid back dockside spot check out Hard Yacht Cafe in Dundalk.

https:/…

It's hard to find these places on the web because some of the older folk owners aren't too internetz savvy, and they have a hard enough time just keeping the locals stocked. But if you can blend in with locals then this might be a fun time.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Hard Yacht Cafe is a hoot! We were there a couple weeks ago and they had some good music and it is such a pretty spot on the water.

There is also a place to pre-game called the GameDay Warehouse on Warner street. This is on our list to check out this year

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

GameDay Warehouse is a fun scene but the drinks are expensive and service is always spotty because of the crowds. It does feel like you're standing on the lower level concourse of Memorial Stadium though, so that alone is cool.

Level Contributor
631 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cowboys @ Ravens in October!

Yeah, I agree with Mirage that the Gameday Warehouse is a good choice. You get that tailgate feel without needing the car. :)

Also agree that service is spotty because of the large crowds, but the bartenders do the best they can. Pay as you go, do NOT start a tab. On more than one occasion I've had friends rack up bills for drinks they did not order....my guess is when 95% of the customers are wearing Ravens jerseys, the bartenders get confused who is on what tab. So pay cash as you go for sure.

Clean bathrooms and a neat atmosphere are another reason to visit the Gameday Warehouse.

Here's the address so you can Google the location:

Across from Lot J

1400 Warner Street B

Baltimore, MD 21230