We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greyhound to BWI

boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Greyhound to BWI

Is there public transportation from either of the Greyhound bus stations (Travel Plaza or Downtown) to the airport. My son is considering attending Penn State next year and I believe the least expensive way for him to travel to and from Boston would be to take the Greyhound bus ($22) to Baltimore and then the plane to Boston.

Thanks,

Karen

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,372 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Greyhound to BWI

The greyhound downtown is on Haines Street which is close to but not sure if walkable to the light rail to the airport. I would think you may be best served taking a cab from the bus station to the airport which should not be too expensive. PSU is in the middle of nowhere. I am wondering if the time spent busing to Baltimore, cabbing to the airport, waiting 2 hours cause you got there early isn't the same time needed to take the bus to Boston.

My suggestion- find someone else from the area who attends PSU and find out what they do. I am sure someone in admissions can help.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,605 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Greyhound to BWI

The Penn State Alumni Boston Chapter has a link to a bus service from Penn State to the Boston area at various university break times I'd look into that.

http://www.psuboston.org/article.html?aid=288

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Greyhound to BWI

USAir provides service between Boston and State College. ~3.5 hours of travel time includes an hour layover in Philly on most flights.

I've never been to the airport in State College, but I suspect your son could show up an hour before his flight without an issue.

4. Re: Greyhound to BWI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 16:19