We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a nice hotel in the Baltimore Washington area preferrably with a nice spa in the hotel. We are planning a girls spa weekend between CT and NC so I am flexible with the exact location.

We would like to have a nice spa with lounge and robes the whole treatment..

Can anyone reccomend something that meets this description?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
820 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

Hmmm.....because I live here, I don't usually go to the Spas at Baltimore hotels, so I might not be able to give you the best answer, but Spa Sante in Harbor East is very nice. www.spabaltimore.com. It's also close to some great restaurants and nightlife.

I've heard good things about the spa at the W hotel in DC. starwoodhotels.com/whotels/…

You might also want to check out Berkeley Springs in West Virginia, www.berkeleysprings.com/ or post on the Annapolis forum for more ideas.

Have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
654 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

Check out the Harbor Court Hotel on Light St, which is right in downtown Inner Harbor. They have a great web site you can check out. I have never used their spa services but have dined there and their food and amenities are very nice.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

How about the Mandarin Oriental in DC?

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

The Pearl in the Ritz Carlton is very cool with everything you are asking for. Lots of pampering and very elegant. Checkout their web site. It is on the Inner Harbor short cab, or leisurely walk from Inner Harbor hotels. My salon,. Studio 921 (check web site) also has great packages and very nice and has competent associates. It is a short cab ride from the harbor too. Have a fun time

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

Whoops, I probably implied the Ritz is a hotel when in fact it is all condos. sorry

baltimore
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

You should check out the Chesapeake Hyatt in Cambridge, Maryland on the Eastern Shore. Great hotel, beautiful spa. We celebrated my cousin's 50th birthday here and it was wonderful. www.chesapeakebay.hyatt.com

Also -- St. Michaels (also on the Eastern Shore) has several hotels with spas -- Five Gables Inn specializes in these types of girls getaways -- www.fivegables.com; the luxurious Inn at Perry Cabin just added a beautiful spa last year (I think it's called the Linden Spa) and the St. Michaels Harbour Inn & Marina & Spa is also a possibility. St. Michaels is one of my favorite waterfront destinations -- lots of great shopping and dining within walking distance. www.sm25.org

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

Every year my girl friends and I take a spa weekend. We head to Berkley Springs and stay at the Highlawn Inn who has a great Weekend Special with a restaurant and Spa in the town. http://www.highlawninn.com/specials.htm

Good Luck!

jck
Baltimore
Level Contributor
256 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

I agree with St Michaels suggestion. Awesome town and just about everything is within walking distance...great dining/shopping and just about one of the most beautiful settings I can think of. Lot's of rich sailors too!!

Edited: 11 February 2010, 05:22
baltimore
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

I would recommend going to Hershey, Pa. It is about a little over 1 hr drive and the spa at Hotel Hershey is awsome. I have been to many spas it is is my favorite one to visit.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
46 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls "Spa" Weekend Help needed..

Baltimore probably isn't the best spa destination on the east coast, but for what its worth my wife has been to the Pearl a few times and hosted a bachlorette weekend there. The manager did a good job of coming up with a nice, reasonably (this is a relative term of course... spas are expensive) priced package for them.

She's been to Spa Sante as well, which was also nice.