We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

I'd like to take my husband to Baltimore to catch a ball game for his birthday. I've heard that we wouldn't need to rent a car as we can catch the light rail ti that area. any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I would consider B&B.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
832 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

Your best bet is to use priceline and bid on a hotel in the Inner Harbor area... you should be able to get one at a very reasonable rate (under $100) if you check ahead of time. And you're right, you wouldn't have to rent a car- you could take a cab from the airport or the light rail. Have fun!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,635 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

You would need to let us know what you consider "inexpensive", as well as the dates of your visit, in order to get any realistic information.

I note you're from Massachusetts, would this be for a Red Sox game? The Sox fans really fill up the town on weekends when they're in town, it's not the best time to find a cheap room.

Let us know what the budget is and when you're coming to town and we can check to see what's available in your price range.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

Hi,

Yes, we would be in town for a Red Sox game, June 4th - 6th. My sister and brother-in-law will coming in from Arizona to be with us also. I was hoping to find something in the $150 a night range.

Thanks for the help.

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,635 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

It's going to be diffucult to find something downtown in that price range for that weekend in teh downtown area. You could consider Priceline, or staying out at one the hotels near BWI Airport, if your budget is firm.

Maybe someone can get a lead on something cheaper, but for the downtown area that weekend I don't see anything less than the $225 range for starters.

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
703 posts
302 reviews
5. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

The hotels always raise the rates when Boston is in town. Another suggestion would be to try the Linthicum area, which is home to the State Fairground. You can catch the Light Rail to Camden Yards.

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,635 posts
48 reviews
6. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

"Another suggestion would be to try the Linthicum area, which is home to the State Fairground. "

I think you mean Timonium? Linthicum is near the airport.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,372 posts
58 reviews
7. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

Inexpensive and B&B---, easier time trying to convince China to let the Panda's to stay in Washington. There are Hilton Inns and similar type places which are a short walk. In fact, there is a new free bus service called the "circulator" which travels between Harbor East and Camden Yards so you can increase the areas in which you are looking. Take a look at hotwire or similar sites and then come back with what you found for ideas or information.

Leatherstocking...
Level Contributor
4 posts
221 reviews
8. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

Remember, you usually get what you pay for. My family and I went last year to see the Red Sox in Camden Yards. We stayed at the Holiday Inn-Inner Harbor, which is only two blocks from the stadium and about 1 mile from the inner harbor, go figure. Prices do get jacked up when the Sox are in town, but if you sign up for Priority Club membership and have AAA or book more than 14 days in advance you could probably get a rate well below $200 a night. Hotel is also on the Light Rail line, but you don't need it to walk to the stadium.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

i'd also suggest the holiday inn. it's not 4 star but it's decent, and a VERY short walk to the ballpark. we stay there when we go to night games.

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,635 posts
48 reviews
10. Re: inexpensive hotel walking distance to Camden Yards

The Holiday Inn may be a good option, but for the OP dates the cheapest room they are offering at this time is $195 for a handicapped King room, plus tax.

Get answers to your questions about Baltimore
Recent Conversations