We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hyde park to jfk

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hyde park to jfk

What is the approximate toll cost from hyde park to jfk? Are there any shuttles?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17,445 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hyde park to jfk

If you mean Hyde Park - in upstate New York - it's more than 100 miles from the airport and will probably take about 2.5 hours - possibly more if you hit traffic. It might be cheaper to rent a car if you can drop off at JFK for no extra charge.

What day of the week/time of day are you looking for. Not sure of car services from that area, perhaps locals may be able to reco a company. Or you could google. I saw only taxis/car services - not shared shuttles.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,246 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hyde park to jfk

If you're driving from Hyde Park to JFK and you come down the Taconic Parkway and then the Sprain Brook Parkway your only toll will be on the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge. The cash toll is currently eight dollars.

Just as a heads up, be aware that Hyde Park is nowhere near New Hyde Park, a completely different suburban town on Long Island.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
19,560 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hyde park to jfk

Should you choose to drive, at some point I'd recommend you switch to the Hutchinson River Parkway for crossing the Whitestone Bridge. (That way you avoid the Bronx River Parkway and Cross Bronx which can be congested.)

it would also be possible to take a Metro North commuter train from Poughkeepsie into Grand Central and then a subway, airport bus or cab from there.

There are some car rental companies with locations in Poughkeepsie.

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hyde park to jfk

A couple of years ago I took the Metro North up to Poughkeepsie to go to Hyde Park and the Amtrak back, which I believe went to Penn Station, so that might be another option. I used Enterprise and they did pickup and dropoff at the train station.

5. Re: hyde park to jfk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2018, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Hyde Park