We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DC to Philly

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
india
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
DC to Philly

Travelling from DC to Phily on the 14th of Dec Amtrak charging 105$ what are my options by road

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DC to Philly

By road I assume you mean bus? Look at megabus.com

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DC to Philly

by the way that cost seems high. If you are flexible with your departure time you should be able to get to DC on Amtrak for $35 pp one way. You may have been looking at the Acela service, which costs more and is only a little bit faster.

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DC to Philly

Those are absolutely Acella prices and it really isn't that much faster to Philadelphia.

I just looked and for your date it's $35 one way for coach or you can move to Business class, which I recommend, for $25 more.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DC to Philly

I usually don't pay more than $25 or so for a one-way Amtrak ticket from Baltimore to Philadelphia, so I imagine the trip from DC shouldn't be much more. Amtrak is just so convenient and comfortable - I highly recommend it. I think you should be able to get a good price, as others have suggested.

5. Re: DC to Philly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 16:16