We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Sox bars in Midtown

Worcester County, MA
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Red Sox bars in Midtown

We will be in NYC this weekend and would love to be able to enjoy our Red Sox play the Cards in a Red Sox-themed bar. I would appreciate any recommendations for something in Midtown!

Thank you!

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Are you serious?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Red Sox? - in Manhattan (NEW YORK) - really!!!!!!

Edited: 22 October 2013, 14:49
New York
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Not in midtown, but on 2nd Avenue, just below E. 14th Street: Professor Thom's -- "behind enemy lines since 2005":

http://www.professorthoms.com/

Most up-to-date info on their Facebook & Twitter pages:

https://www.facebook.com/Profthoms

https://twitter.com/professor_thoms

P.S. Go early to Thom's -- and avoid Foley's (18 W. 33rd Street, across from the Empire State Building) -- Cards fans appear to be staking it out as their place, for the time being ;-)

I

Worcester County, MA
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Thank you PORTIA for your respectful reply! I knew I was taking my life into my hands by asking but I was willing to give the enemy fans the benefit of the doubt . Yes, Really. Yes, I'm serious!! I had heard that these bars DO exist so I had hoped for some sincere guidance.

awww c'mon....why can't we all just get along :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Another option is The Riviera Cafe & Sports Bar in the West Village (225 West 4th Street at 7th Avenue). I lived in NYC for 10 years and would go there to watch games. It will also be crowded.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Kerry - my wife's late father and my son both graduated from College of the Holy Cross FIL was and son still is a NY YANKEE fan - around here in central CT It's a split between the Red Flops and Bombers.

And as for 'both getting along", that might work on the west coast - don't try to pull it off here......

Varsthay?

Poppa

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

There are several Redsox bars in Mahnattan including the ones listed. I have been to both(have Redsox fans for friends) and prefer The Riviera. It will get crowded so I would try to get there EARLY and stake out a place either at the bar or at one of the tables with a view of one of the tv's. They also do a pretty good burger and fries. I have been many times and there have never been any issues...

Worcester County, MA
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Thank you folks! We will be aiming for one of those 2 places! :) GO SOX! (sorry ;-) )

Worcester County, MA
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

Well folks I am happy to report that we made our way to The Riviera for game 3 of the WS (altho the game didn't exactly end the way we had hoped :-/ ). What a FUN joint and the food was pretty good! We arrived later then we wanted (we walked from 51st, completely knowing what a schlep we had ahead - it was a GLORIOUS evening for the round-trip walk tho!) and were pleasantly surprised that we had a great selection of seating! And then I went to use the lady's room and learned why there was so much available out front. The back was PACKED. We got there by the skin of our teeth. Within minutes the RS fans started flowing in and filling every inch. It was FUN! and Thanks everyone for your input! What a beautiful, beautiful area it's in! It reminded us a lot of Beacon Hill and the North End of Boston <3

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
451 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Sox bars in Midtown

If you told me there are more Red Sox fans living in NYC than in Boston, I would not be too surprised.