We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC - Flights/Hotels Higher Prices this year ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
NYC - Flights/Hotels Higher Prices this year ?

Hello All,

I visited NYC for the first time last year (2011) and flew out with BA and stayed at the Hilton Hotel, in which i had a amazing time. I managed to get a very good deal as well, for a 3 night stay it was in the region of £550-600 GBP for the flights and hotel stay.

I have been looking to re-visit this year at around the same time which was November and the prices are receiving this time are around £900-£1000. Is there just a general increase this year or am i just looking too early and should wait a little longer before booking ?

Thanks

cityking

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,123 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: NYC - Flights/Hotels Higher Prices this year ?

Black Friday is one day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, when the Christmas shopping season officially starts. The Black Friday sales are only on that one day. Many stores have other sales during the rest of the shopping season, depending on how business is.

London, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: NYC - Flights/Hotels Higher Prices this year ?

oh ok , cause i went to jersey gardens outlet and macys the day after black friday last year and they had pretty good sales on still. Do u think these sales will still be on Mid december ?

Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: NYC - Flights/Hotels Higher Prices this year ?

I have found the same thing. We went last year and hotels were about half as much as this year. Last year I didn't book reservations til November, I am hoping maybe prices will still drop. We are going the last week of November as well.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,067 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: NYC - Flights/Hotels Higher Prices this year ?

The ladt week of Nov. will be very expensive this year. Waiting is not likely to work in your favor. Book a jotel that's cancelable.

15. Re: NYC - Flights/Hotels Higher Prices this year ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:15