We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Hotels

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
New York Hotels

I'm visiting New York in September with my husband in September. I have already booked a one bedroom apartment for the first week very close to Central Park. For the second week I wanted to stay closer to Greenwich/Soho. I really like the look of the Greenwich hotel, Soho Grand, The Bowery, Grammercy Park Hotel. All very pricey and not sure if it's work spending the money when we will probably be out all day and most of the night. Can anyone adivse me on what they think?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,642 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Hotels

Where is your initial rental? Is it in a hotel? If not, it may very well be illegal and/or a scam.

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New York Hotels

At the AKA apartments. I'm sure it's ok.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Hotels

Pretty sure it's illegal. Search the forum..

Wollongong...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Hotels

We recently stayed at the AKA Times Square and it was fantastic. All AKA hotels in NYC are listed (not as an ad) on the official NYC tourism site nycgo.com, which is good enough for me.

5. Re: New York Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2012, 21:05
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York Hotels

advertising on the forum is not permitted

New Haven...
Level Contributor
504 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New York Hotels

Staying in Greenwich would be extremely inconvenient. You'd have to take a Metro-North train into the city every day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New York Hotels

@violins I'm certain the OP means Greenwich Village in Manhattan.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
504 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New York Hotels

@Jarks Well, when you say Greenwich and not Greenwich Village, that's what you get.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New York Hotels

I see your point.

It was the "/Soho" that gave it away for me. Also the post in the "New York City" forum, not the "Greenwich" one.

Edited: 08 June 2012, 23:06