We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subway stop to Brooklyn bowl

3 posts
Save Topic
Subway stop to Brooklyn bowl

Hi

Is it safe to walk from the Bedford ave subway stop to Brooklyn bowl and return at night time,my pregnant girlfriend and I are hopeing to attend a concert there this Sunday night and as we have no idea about the area would just like to check before we go

Thanks

staten island
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Subway stop to Brooklyn bowl

Brooklyn Bowl is a popular venue in Williamsburg. You'll be fine.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Subway stop to Brooklyn bowl

The Bedford Avenue station has quickly become one of the busiest subway stations in Brooklyn. It is extremely busy 24 / 7 now.

Williamsburg could be a city in itself.

Growing up in New York City, I don't really ever remember any one subway station that took on a life all its own like Bedford Avenue has in the past 10 years or so.

Williamsburg is great fun and the streets are always packed with young people.

New York City is generally a very safe place but there are occasional iPhone swipes and the occasional fight or what not (even in safe Williamsburg) but generally it is very safe and unless you start something with some drunk kids, you don't have anything to worry about.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Subway stop to Brooklyn bowl

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and putting my mind at ease,can't wait to get to NYC and explore,thanks again

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Subway stop to Brooklyn bowl

To get to the Brooklyn Bowl from the L train at Bedford - first make sure that you get out on the Bedford Ave side of the station as opposed to the Driggs Ave side. Walk toward North 11 Street and make a left. When you pass the Brooklyn Brewery make a right turn on Wyeth and it is right there. It is about a 10 minute walk.

While there can be crime anywhere, NYC and Williamsburg is generally safe to walk around. There are lots of folks on the sidewalks until the wee hours of the morning. Your only problem with the subway will be finding a seat. Yes, even at a late hour, the L train will be hopping.

5. Re: Subway stop to Brooklyn bowl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:18