We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manhattan Cigar Bars

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Manhattan Cigar Bars

I did a search but I'd appreciate some updated info if anyone knows.

I'm looking for a relaxed place where I can be dressed casually in khaki shorts and a polo shirt (so Macanudo is out from what I read) and that doesn't charge a cover. Just want to go in, buy a cigar on site, puff away, and have a draft beer in an unpretentious, relaxed atmosphere. Anything like that in Manhattan?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

Thought I'd bump this and give it one more shot, anybody?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

except for the beer, I have 1 suggestion. A lot of the cigar stores have social areas... I pass Davidoff on the way to the subway, and every evening men are in there smoking in big comfortable chairs. It's probably easier to get a seat if you avoid the evening rush. 53rd and Madison

PB Cigars, which is a much more downtown type of place also has a similar area. West 30th (7th - 8th). Hand rolled - their own brands. Im pretty sure this is the business my across the hall neighbors owned that moved from West 22nd, but I could have the initials wrong.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 27 March 2012, 03:44
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

Okay, thanks.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

MidtownCigar - 5th and 46th on the corner allows smoking inside - not sure of seating - also Nat Sherman 42nd just off 5th - has a smoking lounge.

Poppa

And both places are come as you are - no worries - go for it!

Edited: 27 March 2012, 07:20
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

I knew you would know Poppa. There arent any more cigar bars other than Macanudo?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,990 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

…cbslocal.com/top-lists/…

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

Okay, cigar lounges are great..........but do you know of a Discount, by the box of cigars place to buy them cheaper than individual cigars at a cigar bar.

Thanks in advance

8. Re: Manhattan Cigar Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:16